The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

15 GT Oil/Transmission Cooling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Perfect. At this point, thinking a 660/610 combo for oil/tranny cooling mounted in the upper grill to an Improved Racing thermostatic filter mount into a Canton a remote adapter w/ drain back. Mounting and routing everything is going to be a challenge with the catch can and h/e pump w/ -20 hose and fittings taking up a lot of room in the engine bay and wheel well but I’ve got time to figure it out. Thanks for the help!
Boardkat, I mounted the oil filter behind the left front wheel splash shield on the frame rail tab. Gives some room to route lines to and from the cooler.

boardkat

CAMtard
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Lake Oswego, OR
Boardkat, I mounted the oil filter behind the left front wheel splash shield on the frame rail tab. Gives some room to route lines to and from the cooler.
Yeah, I saw that picture - unfortunately, I don't have the room to fit a remote filter adapter there :(

49128291813_f0251ce92b_b.jpg

Going to try and mount it in the engine bay instead; should be able to route the lines where the coolant feed to the OEM sandwich is (which I'll be removing), and mount the filter upside down for easy access (FRPP FL820 has an anti-drainback valve iirc so should be good to go):

49128292803_e7ab2ed28f_b.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors