The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2010-2014 TPMS Sensors on ebay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLM

Mike
The newer Mustangs self-learn new TPMS sensors.

The programming tool is helpful for troubleshooting a bad sensor. Unlike GM vehicles that tell you on the DIC which tire is low/not reading. The tool is also good if the self-learn isn't happening for some reason.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Not trying to argue. Just stating what happened with a set of tires/wheels and sensors on daughters 2010 mustang, her new 2013 and two sets on my Boss.

Boss had to have one set of sensors replaced because of inability to program sensors. American Muscle stood behind their product and paid for the swap out.

Over one hundred miles on sensors before programming for thr last two sets before programming.

Is AM selling older sensors....could be. Is Tire rack?? Don't know.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
TMSBOSS said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Yes OEM and they are plug and play. I don't do anything when I swap wheels.

Plug and play once programed to the car.

I have installed 4 sets over the last two years. Each time you install a New Set, they need to be programed to the car. Several suppliers offer the programing tool. I went with the programer from American Muscle. They packaged it with OEM sensors at a good price.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-tool.html

The procedure is simple, takes about 5 minutes per car. Instruction come with the tool. AM offers a video along with the tool.

If you had tires mounted at a tire shop, most handle the programing along with the install, the programing was done then.

I had to program the ones that came with my Enkei's. I purchased the tool with the wheels from TireRack.

seems like there are two types of sensors out there, from what i've noticed.

rubber ones, which i believe are oem and are shown in the ebay link in this thread. Then, there are the metal ones, which seem aftermarket, and require the programming tool (such as the one from AM).

I was trying to figure out if the oem ones need the programming tool as well, and it's just the aftermarket ones that need the programming.

Just trying to avoid wait times when i order winter wheel and tires.

oem?
2010tpms.jpg

aftermarket?
lrs-1177bk_2303.jpg

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
FD - yes those are the 2 types, those second ones are the ones on my Enkie's. They do need to be programmed as far as I know. OEM, not sure.

PeteInCT said:
I had to program the ones that came with my Enkei's. I purchased the tool with the wheels from TireRack.
I had a second set of OEM sensors and didn't have to program them. I'm pretty sure the newest style doesn't need to be programmed.

could someone find out what the oem part numbers are for 2010+ mustang tpms?

i ask because another forum states 2010+ part number is 9L3Z-1A189-A (has a red sensor), and the ebay link has a cross-reference part number of 9L3T-1A180-A (has a black sensor)

any help would be greatly appreciated :D

I contacted the seller, and he said the OEM ones need programming as well lol ???
So, Lindsay let us know if you get the chance to install them.

I will definitely let everyone know when I get them installed. However, it's going to be a while since I'm deployed right now. Probably wont get to this until late spring. Sorry guys. Anyone is more than welcome to head over to my place and do it for me though ;D

Mine are supposed to be here tomorrow and I hoping to get my new wheels and tire put this weekend so I'll pass on the results.

I just got back from getting the Boss's winter shoes installed and it didn't get a TMPS warning when I started it. I asked the manager if he had to do anything with the TPMS and he said no, just plug and play. They didn't do anything but mount, balance and install so everyone should be good too go.

Any updates on these? I want to pick up a set for my track wheels when I need to replace the tires on them...

Can anyone confirm that these do not need to be programmed with a programmer tool and simply install and are done? I noticed that with my track wheels, the "TPMS FAULT" doesnt come up until I have driven about 100 miles or so.

Well I posted above that I didn't need to get them programmed. I haven't gone 100 mile's yet but I will update this weekend. I don't think you'll have an issue but well see.

TMO Supporting Vendors