The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Build Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I could definitely dial in some more camber to reduce the poke, but am trying to stick with as little as possible for now to help with wear as much as I can since I mostly drive it on the street. I did notice when I took them off for the winter though that there was a very small rub mark on the top of the inner fender lip, so it looks like I may need to say screw it and go up to 2.5 degrees. Other plans for the car this winter are getting the gages installed finally, and I'm going to try and get it in for a true dyno tune in the late summer/fall.

@kona are those stock tail lights on your car? If not where did you get them?

Great thread and your car looks awesome, nice job!

Thanks for posting , your car looks amazing . I also have T springs with stock struts . I also want to stay with a 19" Rim. was going to pull the trigger on Apex 19" x !0" square ,But I was concerned the front would rub. How did you like 19" x 10" set up ? and why did you go 19" x 11" ,I understand more grip on the track , but is the day to day street drive ability compromised ?

Thanks for posting , your car looks amazing . I also have T springs with stock struts . I also want to stay with a 19" Rim. was going to pull the trigger on Apex 19" x !0" square ,But I was concerned the front would rub. How did you like 19" x 10" set up ? and why did you go 19" x 11" ,I understand more grip on the track , but is the day to day street drive ability compromised ?

Thanks! I never actually ran a 19x10 setup, but from everything I have read the APEX 19x10's should fit square without rubbing and no spacers. I went to 19x11 mostly due to not wanting to have to buy another set of wheels if I ever wanted to go wider. Kind of a once and done kind of mentality. They are actually better than I thought they would be on the street. Ride pretty well and rut wander really isnt bad at all.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good move as that is the concept many of us older Farts on the Forum are trying to convey, get a bigger rim and be one and done! The reason why is so simple, many of us bought 19x10s, or 18x10s or even argh, 18x9.5s ( actually good if you are running Spec Mustang, American Iron, etc. ) and then had to buy a bigger rim size since we noticed all the faster guys/gals were running them.

Good info for many of those considering new rims for the track or autocross, imho.

TMO Supporting Vendors