The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2019+ Ford Ranger Reviews

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my wife absolutely loves her old 96 ranger but it's getting old in the tooth, we went to look at the new ones and to be honest, they're like buying an older F150, the truck is freaking huge, so are all the competitor's trucks so we will prolly buy an F150 crew for her. the price is not that much different and neither is the size.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
So several of you who posted ended up buying one…any issues or regrets? Would you buy one again?

They seem to sell pretty quickly around here, but I hardly see them around. Lots of F-150s and Taco mamas though.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Bought a used one for work. It was a 2015 3.2 turbo diesel with low km.... Good chassi, lots of torque.. But the 3.2, 5 cylinder engine was a royal pain in ass. Major flaw in the oil pump leads to engine failures if the oil change takes longer the 10 min!! Put a rebuilt engine in it and drove it for 2 days. When I went to get a Road safety certificate... in the line up, a gypsy asked if the car was for sale! I said we just changed the engine (did not want one of those scary gypsy curses..). He said fine and then sold it to him on the spot.

Would by one again?? maybe, if i could get comfortable about the engine... But no way the 5 cylinder.

I’m enjoying mine and no issues with over 5,000 miles. My only complaint is the typical cheap Ford plastic used in the interior. The motor is fairly torquey and has plenty of power and the 10sp trans is very smooth.

F237B97A-E6D8-40C9-AFC3-13B4D58EDB8C.jpeg

Grant 302

(did not want one of those scary gypsy curses..)
😳 Things I don’t worry about…at least not while in the states.

The motor is fairly torquey and has plenty of power and the 10sp trans is very smooth.
Are you towing anything with it? I was guessing you’re mostly hauling dirt bikes in it?

Grant 302

Ford supports an aftermarket one from redarc. Just wish there was a factory installed option. Looks like it’s one of those things that would be easy for a dealer to eff up.

The interiors haven’t bothered me at all. Haven’t looked closely in the base models, but I don’t think they’re really very different. Test drove an FX4 and I thought it rode and handled on the street nicely. Didn’t seem truck-like in the tuning. More SUV like with the height.

Grant 302

I’d definitely want the adaptive cruise. Works well on our ‘19 Edge.

That little 2.0 ecoboost is a big reason I’ve been looking at the Ranger 2.3L. But I t’s also why I wouldn’t wait for a Maverick. Just not big enough. The new Rangers seem about the same size as a 2000s F-150.

Grant 302

The Ranger is not small. I’m hoping for a Ranger EV sooner rather than later.
I’m sure the new platform will get an EV version. It’ll get my attention if it could tow out n back over 150 miles or so (300 r/t). And be able to do that for at least a predicted 5-7 years. Doing things like that only when new seems pretty useless to me.

My truck has a 6ft bed...it has an extended cab, but not the 4 dr....which suits me fine......................
I think that’s like the one I used. It’s also why I wouldn’t get the Ranger with the Super Cab, despite the 6’ bed. Did not care for the doors at all. I did like the blue for that Tacoma.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
I’m enjoying mine and no issues with over 5,000 miles. My only complaint is the typical cheap Ford plastic used in the interior. The motor is fairly torquey and has plenty of power and the 10sp trans is very smooth.

View attachment 66055

Nice color choice ;) Here is mine when I was prepping and polishing for a ceramic coat. The sun shot is afterwards. I'm very happy so far.

20200806_092356.jpg20200809_120952.jpg

In terms of towing, there are many reports on the Ranger5G forum of guys towing rigs over 6,000 lbs. without issue. They are towing over the Rockies and all over. Power is great and climbing is no issue, but gas mileage drops to the lower teens since they are in boost much of the time.

One particular member tows his S197 to the track and says it does well. This is what I eventually plan to do. Ford did drop the ball though on no trailer brake controller from the factory with the tow package. It is available to purchase separately though.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel