The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

About Panhard bar supports....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Seeing that a Panhard setup has a lot going for it. Would it be worth upgrading the stock Panhard support bar to avoid flex?? I saw BMR had one (RED :)).

bmr-phr007sr_72d46055.jpg

Save the money. You could seam weld the mount it you really want to. Only ever had one that got tweaked and that was from a right-rear wall impact. Since the panhard bar couldn't bend from that hi direction, it yanked on the mount, but even still it was pretty minor movement for the impact. The poly bushings probably saved what could have been more damage.

@ajaquilante did you relocate the mount point on your panhard bars on your race cars similar to what Kenny Brown and Maximum Motorsports do? For drivers not using a watts link that seems like a good option. Maybe you weren’t allowed to relocate the mount per the rules?

@ajaquilante did you relocate the mount point on your panhard bars on your race cars similar to what Kenny Brown and Maximum Motorsports do? For drivers not using a watts link that seems like a good option. Maybe you weren’t allowed to relocate the mount per the rules?

No.
1. a. not allowed, b. just another thing to break, get bent, or just cause other problems.
2. To me this just adds more variables that are hard for most people to keep track of.
3. Something as easy as that: Why didn't Ford do it to begin with? They had what 10 years to make a change, so why didn't they?

There's another recurring theme, when you curb something do you want to bend a panhard bar, or rip the strengthened brackets out of the subframe?
I've always been of the opinion that certain suspension parts should be designed to fail at some point.
That's another reason I don't care for the "W" thing..where does it bend..when you rip the bolts out of the rearend housing?, the center bushing?..There's something to be said for pulling a PHB out, putting it into a press and throwing it back in...or if you're queasy about that, keep a spare.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel