The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Adjustable clutch pedal stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The McLeod RST clutch in my Boss engages at the very top of the pedal travel (which seems to be the norm for the RST), meaning the pedal has a lot of throw with no purpose and I found it somewhat troublesome to engage smoothly when leaving from a stop. In an effort to remedy this, I had a Maximum Motorsports adjustable clutch pedal stop installed yesterday:

https://www.maximummotorsports.com/Adjustable-Clutch-Pedal-Stop-2005-2014-Mustang-P1470.aspx

I have now driven the car twice for about 50-60 miles around town and am very pleased. Adjusted per the instructions, when you start lifting the pedal from fully down, the clutch begins to engage almost immediately. It feels much better and after a few miles it became completely natural.

Did the same thing recently for my RXT clutch. My clutch timing and consistency is much improved, both street and track. Also find it less fatiguing to press the clutch pedal down against the stop during stop/go traffic versus having to hold it hovering in space not against a stop.

Glad you like yours, too! It makes what was a semi-annoying and difficult process so much easier. Such a brilliant little modification!

It took my shop about 2 hours to install because I didn't feel like doing it myself. It was well worth it because of how much nicer the car is to drive. The RST clutch pedal free travel made me crazy.

TMO Supporting Vendors