The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Alternative center caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFW, TX
Found these OEM caps on eBay.

The are recessed more than the Apex caps

I trimmed a bit on two of the inner tabs so they would bend easier while pushing them on. I'm also adding a #228 o-ring behind them to keep them more towards the outside. They fit tight but can be pushed in and out about 1/8" without something backing them up.9e012ea8b45f220f9d16c5b6d7e1d1c8.jpgad473a061036ad16c6aace2b7c413e81.jpgcc9e8fa48a5fcf15afb5de3c5431e305.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nice! Any chance do you know the outer hub bore opening on the APEX wheels? Looking at modifying my BBS's to have a center cap ring seat but it wont be worth it if not caps are the right diameter.

Wow
I looked at it again and it looks like the lug holes are slanted. It's an optical illusion to me. I think it's because of the wood table it's sitting on. My mistake.... Maybe I need new glasses. Lol

DFW, TX
Wow
I looked at it again and it looks like the lug holes are slanted. It's an optical illusion to me. I think it's because of the wood table it's sitting on. My mistake.... Maybe I need new glasses. Lol
It's likely the phone camera lens, a bit of fish eye.

The o-rings I ordered worked as desired.

If I really get anal here I'll order another set of those OEM caps and slice the clips off the back, and modify the Apex caps to accept the Ford center. But I'm not that bored yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors