The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another happy MGW customer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I went down to Augusta Saturday to have George install my MGW shifter. He is a nice fellow and clearly passionate about his products. His facility and equipment is much more impressive than what one would expect from a "mom and pop" business. Besides the performance parts, MGW makes gun sights for Trijicon and Sig Sauer. It turns out he made the sights for my Sig P938, so I was already a customer!

I am not particularly handy, so I really appreciated George installing the shifter. Prior to installing the unit on my car, he let me drive his 2013 LS with the shifter having some miles on it so I could see how it felt once it was broken in. That gesture sealed the deal for me, because the shift effort is really comfortable once the unit is broken in.

Here is a picture of the cars in the yard that day:
IMG_0561.jpg

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
I realize that it has been awhile since a post was added here, but this looked like the best place to echo Athens7's comments. I finally got my MGW shifter and like Athens7, I made the pilgrimage to Augusta to have George do the install. I could not be happier. Good company, good people and a great product. What a difference this shifter makes.

If you are on the fence about this shifter, just do it. You will not be disappointed. Consider what you pay for a product that only partially addresses the short comings of the stock shifter. Apply that to the MGW which will correct all the deficiencies. You will not regret it.

A shout out to George and the rest of the folks at MGW.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
At first, Q4 2011, I wasn't sure, then I watched the MGW videos. It made good sence to my way of thinking, so it was the first modification part I ordered for the Boss.

When I was under there installing the MGW, I found the 2 piece DS, replaced it with an AE 1 peice DS, that was the second modification.

The MGW is worth it just for the 2-3 shift! Just slam it towards the general direction of the dash, and have never missed 3rd gear, it is amazing.

Plus it reduces the shift throw by 25-28%, which is nice and as stated above, it just gets better when broken in, about 500 - 1,000 miles. (Back in 2011 George might have told me break in was about 400 miles), but I ordered the Competition option with stiff centering springs.

Love my MGW!
302 HP

Marco

proud owner since Friday 30th August
I also have the MGW Shifter went Sunday on the racetrack and it works really great excepting when the car is too hot (at the and of the Day )after A couple of laps it was sometimes hard to Shift from the 3rd to the 2nd Gear. But there is a Big diffcerence between the stock Gear Shift and the MGW Gear Shift!

Marco

proud owner since Friday 30th August
I also have the MGW Shifter went Sunday on the racetrack and it works really great excepting when the car is too hot (at the and of the Day )after A couple of laps it was sometimes hard to Shift from the 3rd to the 2nd Gear. But there is a Big diffcerence between the stock Gear Shift and the MGW Gear Shift!

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Marco,

Might want to check with George at MGW on that issue when hot. I suspect that a small adjustment to the stop on the shift lever might take care of this. George mentioned this when installing my shifter.

TMO Supporting Vendors