The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish said:
retrofit kits are now available!
https://www.blowfishracing.com/home/100-2011-2014-mustang-v6gtboss-shifter-support-retrofit-kit.html

here's the deal:
normal retail is $79.99 plus shipping.
from now until 12/24/2014, the kit will be on sale for $40 plus shipping.
all purchases within the promotional period will qualify for a $40 rebate by returning the original machined parts (2 clamp halves and mgw adapter block) within 60 days of purchase (exceptions will be made for international customers).

i have a limited quantity of 20 units ready to ship tomorrow. remaining stock will be coming shortly after.

Ordered! Really good deal! Thanks for everything! Can't wait to swap it out. Do you think I should remove the Whiteline bushing? Well, I guess I will install and see.

Chris

pufferfish said:
https://www.blowfishracing.com/home/100-2011-2014-mustang-v6gtboss-shifter-support-retrofit-kit.html

here's the deal:
all purchases within the promotional period will qualify for a $40 rebate by returning the original machined parts (2 clamp halves and mgw adapter block) within 60 days of purchase (exceptions will be made for international customers).

i have a limited quantity of 20 units ready to ship tomorrow. remaining stock will be coming shortly after.

How do you want to handle Canadian orders?

Just placed my order for the retrofit kit, great customer service and very collaborative.

Now I just hope it will resolve the vibration/buzzing issue at high RPM.

pufferfish said:

here's the deal:

Will we get an email when ours ships?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
yes you will. the first batch shipped out yesterday. if you didn't get an email from usps, you are in batch 2.

Received my retrofit kit Friday & installed Saturday. Easy install, 1 hr 20 min total, jacks & jackstands in the drive. Thanks for the quick shipping! Will post my update tomorrow after I get the Boss out.

Received my Rev. 2 Blowfish Racing bracket on Friday & installed Saturday.
Will have to say, it has eliminated the 'rattle' I had experienced with the original mount design. The vibration in the shifter is reduced some as well. No changes in the improved shifting the original bracket provided, still a big improvement over stock.
I am running the stock shifter on mine. All I have changed was the shifter aft hard mount to the revised 2 post isolated aft shifter mount.
Sent the original shifter mounting blocks back to Blowfish, as they will refund you $ 40.00. All it cost me was shipping.
Thanks to Blowfish for making the modified mount & the refund for us!
Recommended to anyone with the stock or Barton/Ford Racing shifter.

Installed the new mod on the bracket today as it was warm around 45 degrees and took a quick spirited run around some back roads. I previously had the Whiteline bushing and the Beta Test Bracket still installed. With the new modded part and the new Blue Bracket, the only vibration I now have is exactly like the NVM I had from the Whiteline bushing alone. Shifts were spot on and smooth. I also have the stock shifter. To be honest, It's been awhile since I installed the Beta test bracket and I hardly remember what it was like to miss a shift. This is now the best shifting stick shift I have ever had. Thanks again Steve!

Chris

pufferfish said:
Unfortunately yes, but the new MGW mount will be a line item if you need it down the road.

Looks like the MGW adapter is included in the kit and if I understand, it will also be available separately, but not yet?

pufferfish said:
the new mgw mount can be installed without removal. the isolating mount for the stock box might be able to be installed without pulling the upper bracket off, but it would be much easier to do with the upper bracket off.

its up to you whether you want to wait or not. the hardest part of the install or retrofit is getting the car up. if getting the car up is not a big deal for you, i would install it now and see if you need this retrofit kit at all.

Well, shame on me for not reading the information at the bottom of the order page. Apparently, this retrofit kit does NOT work with the MGW shifter. The quote above seemed to indicate that the kit would work with the MGW, but the more info section on the order page says the kit will not work with MGW shifters. What, if any, relief is or will be available for Boss owners with MGWs, Blowfish brackets, and shifter rattle? When and how much? :(

TMO Supporting Vendors