The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Call to action from SEMA for the RPM Act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Sign the petition here:
https://www.votervoice.net/SEMA/campaigns/45394/respond

This looks to be a different initiative from the one earlier this year.

From SEMA:

ACT NOW—Tell Congress to Pass the RPM Act and Save Our Racecars!
Protect your right to race! Tell Congress to pass the RPM Act now and stop the EPA from destroying motorsports in 2020. Your member of Congress needs to hear from you before the end of the year!

• Street vehicles—cars, trucks, and motorcycles—can’t be converted into racecars according to the EPA.
  • The EPA has announced that enforcement against high performance parts—including superchargers, tuners, and exhaust systems—is a top priority for 2020.
  • The RPM Act was just reintroduced. Even if you are one of the hundreds of thousands of enthusiasts who contacted Congress in the past, we need your support now!
  • Tell the bureaucrats in Washington that racecars are off limits!
f91f0dc7-3a68-4a2e-9aa1-8d5a4dd6cd0c.jpg

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
!@#$ing tyrants and dictators. Gotta lot of choice words for these %^&*stains that I'll spare this family-friendly site from...

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Sent...
But since I currently reside in the lunatic left state of MA, it's likely to fall on the deaf ears of my 3 so called "reps".
I guess it would be worse to do nothing at all.
These type of petitions seem to work here in CA, so I wouldn't get TOO discouraged. We had a recent excessive exhaust law reversed when SEMA got involved. I always try and spread the word when SEMA asks for help.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
"Reps" are to supposed to represent you on key issues that concern you and others.If they don't seem that interested...Election day will always work to find someone who does!!
Well unfortunately in some areas this depends on who your reps are and which side voted them in. Even if you don't subscribe to the identity politics game that so many do in today's hyper partisan climate, you (and your issue) will be grouped in with one side or the other. If it doesn't fit neatly within their party's plan, good luck! And those who love cars (and race cars, specifically) tend to represent a very small portion of their constituents, unfortunately.

That's why it really helps when SEMA gets involved.

Signed...even though I'm in CA and there is no hope here. I wasn't aware of that site, so thanks!

It's not about reducing emissions here, it's about getting everyone to pay up for the CARB cert.
Crazy that Los Angeles pretty much drove the change to strict emission standards but I am prohibited by law from modifying my car in a way that reduces emissions if the parts are not "certified."

if the parts are not "certified."
If the parts are not certified by who? The government? A Government Agency? I don't like where this is going..AT ALL!!!We all like our cars and we may throw a few parts on them that make them go a little better...........Does that make us criminals?????....We're not talking about a whole nation here ,for God's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....I gotta calm down...................and ride my tricycle.....That's what "they" want us to do............

Last edited:
Is the Government saying the racing community is ruining our environment?....I'm not too clear on this.......I'm sure there are other avenues to be pursued here, also!!!!!!!....or are "they"just going after the ones "they" think will give "them" the less trouble...............Think again!!!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Got two auto responses from Senators , but interesting that they did respond.

Suggest all on the site send in their support for the racing community , regardless of the rules in their State. In the long run it could affect us all.

Hey, I not that stupid, I know our world needs all the help it can get after years of abuse!!!....but to come after car enthusiasts, when there are much more important issues on the table seems a little....you fill in the blank......................I know, some will say you gotta start somewhere.What are you doing to help the cause in your own backyard??....

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel