The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Camber plate install near Indianapolis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
THX138
I understood what you were saying.
Is it possible to put the bolt which came loose from the "Upper strut bolt" assembly back in and hold the bolt with a screwdriver using the slot you cut? If so, the bolt is likely to tighten up and then allow you to torque it down. No need for the new parts.

Personally, I always have a 10lbs sledge standing by. You never know when it will be needed. LOL

THX138
I understood what you were saying.
Is it possible to put the bolt which came loose from the "Upper strut bolt" assembly back in and hold the bolt with a screwdriver using the slot you cut? If so, the bolt is likely to tighten up and then allow you to torque it down. No need for the new parts.

I could have done that in a pinch, but since I'll be taking the car to a shop for the final alignment, I didn't want to have to explain to them my "Dremel handiwork" or the need to use a screwdriver on that one bolt when adjusting the camber. The new bolt ring assembly, with all three new bolts tack welded on, is only $30 for both sides (so I'll have a spare), and Jason at Vorshlag is overnighting it to me today.

Great customer service there, by the way... He walked me through to install the new bolt ring once I receive it, and he even patiently listened and confirmed as I repeated the instructions back to him. :cool:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
THX138
Personally, I always have a 10lbs sledge standing by. You never know when it will be needed. LOL

Nice. Reminds me of my old man's favorite saying - "If it don't fit get a bigger hammer!":D
Wasn't really true though, he was a gunsmith in his later years and built some rifles that were best described as works of art (to a gun nut!).

Are you talking about this picture in their instruction gallery?

View attachment 7907

If so, then what you see above is not an impact wrench (aka impact gun), it is an impact driver. An impact wrench is orders of magnitude more powerful than an impact driver...

Learn something new every day. I didn't even know there was a difference between an impact wrench and an impact driver. Thanks for the clarification...

So, that tool isn't an impact tool of any sort, despite looking like one. It's a simple nut driver without any impact force. We typically use them to get a bolt or nut mostly spun down, but the tool doesn't have the torque to achieve anything like the final torque. It's just a speed-up tool for mechanics.

Mission accomplished! The new upright bolt rings arrived today, and I was able to get everything buttoned up in less than an hour this evening. Now that I’ve done the job once on each side, I’d bet I could do the full installation again in about three hours, taking my time and going slowly. Now I just need to get the car aligned.

TMO Supporting Vendors