The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Celebrating 50 Years of Boss Mustangs - Hot Rod Magazine link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice article, thanks for posting.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cool article and looks like a good time for all. We have a couple of Boss 429s show up for the Mustang Roundup ( originally called the Boss Reunion coincidentally) and last few years we had a Boss 351 during the Car Show. We stayed Boss heavy until lately and then the drivers were shifting to GT 350s and GTs. Expect to have a new mix of some PP1s and PP2s this year, and each year the event evolves. Nice to see other unique Mustang events around the Country and Jim and Kathy Stout have done some great things at PIR ------it has grown and been updated so much many have forgotten it was the old Beaver Run track. Great track to go to if in the Eastern Part of America.

Monaca Pa
I wanted to go to see the Boss show but I work 3rd shift and weekends plus I got called in for OT. My friend had his black Laguna Seca Boss 302 there.

Jim and Kathy have done a fantastic job upgrading PittRace. I have been going and racing there since it opened as BeaveRun. It sux living 15 min from the track lol

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dear Jeff,

I heard you live 15 minutes from the track at PIR. Please put an extra pillow in the guest room as I sleep with three of those goose feather filled sleep comfort things. Hope to see you soon........

Ha, ha.....one day I hope to make it there as I was racing with Jim and Kathy when they began racing. They got the bug really bad ( have to when you eventually buy an entire track) and many of their friends love what they have done with the old Beaverun complex. I know tons of friends in the Pennsylvania, New York, West Virginia, and Ohio area who love to race there and one day you and I shall meet. For now, I will just be another envious TMO member knowing you are only 15 minutes from Pittsburg International Raceway!!!!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors