The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CorteX 315 Strut Offset Option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFSBOSS said:
Was there much difference between the stock Brembos and the Stoptechs?

FWIW, I haven't driven the car for months, but I recall the Stoptechs not having a drastically different feel over the Brembos. I was chasing brake issues (soft pedal and a shimmy) for a long time, so getting the Stoptechs was part of my hunt for a cure--turns out it was a combination of my stupidity (warping came from pad deposits and wrong pad choice), ball joints going bad (doesn't feel very different from brake shimmy), and inadequate fluid (ATE super blue wasn't up to consistent, long sessions).

The Stoptechs are relentless with good pads (Carbotech XP12/24s work well) and ducts. I couldn't get them to falter, even with me behind the wrench.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
neema said:
Not yet. Still coming back to reality after a long project at work. Didn't have time to do anything fun (and the car needs a lot of TLC). I've heard that Forgestar CF5s or wide (i.e. 12") F14s fit over 15" Stoptechs, so I'm going to sell these Welds and go that direction.

Yeah Vorshlag is doing a lot of wheel development to get over that brake kit, so you should be able to order something from them soon (if not already). I know they have a CF5 that fits.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
neema said:
pics are rehosted so they should be working in their original post. Do you have flared/pulled fenders?

Below is the best fitment I could get out of running 18x12s in the front. There's a few mm of clearance between the strut and the wheel pokes. No rubbing issues with a Continental 305/660/18, but the wheel can really support a 315-335. I don't think the fender has the room though going with a 335--maybe with a fender pull. IIRC, camber was maxed out at ~2.5º

Thanks for the follow-up! I don't currently have any fenders pulled, but won't hesitate to do it on the upcoming project car. And I have plans to put more holes in the strut tower to make it work.

Might be a little crazy, but the plan is to increase strut angle another degree+ and use a camber bolt or slotting to get the static camber back to -1.9º to -2.5º or so.

I'm probably sticking with the 14" brakes but I think the only option for (economically) fine tuning offset will be with forgestars.

@neema- Would you happen to know what the backspacing is on those nice 18x12 wheels you are running on the front?

Also, if you are running the same wheels on the rear, how is the inboard clearance?

TIA,

Doc, if you haven't read the thread below check it out as most of your questions will be answered.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=9486.0

Not all my questions have been answered, hence the question above.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
:Bump:
I'd like to hear how this turned out as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel