The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Still holding onto too much cash. I missed some of this late rally. I usually bank on some kind of Santa rally every year but am wavering this year. Whenever I miss and I try to correct, I pay for it in the end. Nonetheless, a good run so far and let's hope she goes out flying high thru the end of '19.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
There are worse problems to have than 'too much cash'!! :D

One of my friends has the same/similar problem this whole year. He generally out-performs the S&P 500 too, but has been taking too long (IMO) to deploy cash that was generated late in '18 from 'defensive' sales.

Anyway, my point in mentioning that is: I believe there is a fair amount of sidelined cash that is yet to be deployed and fuel the rise toward 30k.

I agree with Grant that there’s a lot of idle cash at the moment. But a bit contrary to that I read a headline that there’s been record redemptions in stock market index funds this quarter. Regardless I think we’re on our way to 30,000 soon. I haven’t seen what the Chinese said at their press conference today but as I’ve been saying any trade deal with them, even a partial one, will be a positive sign. Here’s to a strong run as we end 2019!

My buddy Rodney put all his money (not a lot) on Dow in the fifth one year and lost everything.Santa may not be flying by Wall street this year.....Have you been naughty or nice?????....The trend looks good...................:rolleyes:

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Like Homer Simpson who bet everything he owned on Santa's Little Helper at the track on Christmas Eve and came home broke but with a lame greyhound?

Grant 302

Today's peak is only 5.86% away from 30k. It's only a psychological barrier.

A drop to 26k is certainly possible. That would only be a drop of 7.9% from today's close. But after the bounce on 12/3 I don't think it will. A drop of that magnitude would net me about the same as a breach of 30k.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
A 200 point day move in either direction is no longer an oddity these days nor reason to panic.

And I think I saw somewhere that Tesla produced above their year projections.

I tried to get my lovely Wench to look into a Model 3 but instead she tried steering me towards the BWM X5 Hybrid or Mereceds GLC and although she likes the Mach-E, it is too far away for delivery (2021). I finally got rid of my fully electric vehicle bigotry of the Tesla and she doesn't like they way it looks. She keeps looking for a new ride that cost twice the MSRP I paid for my boss in 2011. She must still believe money grows on trees and I own the forest.

Are we allowed to offer our wives for sale on here or would that be considered tacky?

Grant 302

BAM! 29k finally hit ...just intraday for now.

29,009.07 peak so far... :D

----

Forgot to mention I have a bit of LRCX too from back in '16...all purchased under $100. Noticed I had some when doing some of the end of year loss harvesting. Not enough for me to hedge individually, but was noticeable when sorted by % gainers (unrealized). Was nice to see $300 hit yesterday.

TMO Supporting Vendors