The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

factory alignment is chewing up tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
H6088,

My son is your near your old stomping grounds since he lives in LaVista and I am just North of Omaha in Blair. Sounds like you need to plan a trip home to see the family and then drive a bit further and go to Hastings, Ne. for the Mustang Roundup in September ( www.racemph.com ). This is a "Bucket List"event for Mustang Trackrats as we get 3-8 Ford Engineers/Executives who drive down from Dearborn to run their cars with us , and often bring fun machines with them - rumor is there will be a GT 500 there this year! Track Instruction, time trials, autocross, partying, and more, so a great excuse to drive home, ha?!

I normally run a track near Glenwood, Iowa ( RPM ), but it was under 14 foot of water from the Missouri/Platte River flooding, so not sure if it will even open this year? I often go to Hastings ( MPH) or wander down to Topeka to run at Heartland Motorsports Park.

Small World that you are from Ralston and please feel free to call a fellow Nebraskan for any advice you think I might be able to offer? There are alot very knowledgeable folks on this Forum ( way out of my league ) and unlike some Forums , the group here is very willing to help and encourage others!

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
402-677-5864
[email protected]

H6088,

My son is your near your old stomping grounds since he lives in LaVista and I am just North of Omaha in Blair. Sounds like you need to plan a trip home to see the family and then drive a bit further and go to Hastings, Ne. for the Mustang Roundup in September ( www.racemph.com ). This is a "Bucket List"event for Mustang Trackrats as we get 3-8 Ford Engineers/Executives who drive down from Dearborn to run their cars with us , and often bring fun machines with them - rumor is there will be a GT 500 there this year! Track Instruction, time trials, autocross, partying, and more, so a great excuse to drive home, ha?!

I normally run a track near Glenwood, Iowa ( RPM ), but it was under 14 foot of water from the Missouri/Platte River flooding, so not sure if it will even open this year? I often go to Hastings ( MPH) or wander down to Topeka to run at Heartland Motorsports Park.

Small World that you are from Ralston and please feel free to call a fellow Nebraskan for any advice you think I might be able to offer? There are alot very knowledgeable folks on this Forum ( way out of my league ) and unlike some Forums , the group here is very willing to help and encourage others!

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
402-677-5864
[email protected]

I have cousins in Blair and Hastings. I remember when the Stock Yards, were actually stock yards and not a mall.

The Family lost the Cabin on the Missouri river.

The Closest track to me is about 1 hour away 45 mi (Old Dominion Raceway) Thornburg, VA
then there is Summit Point in West Virginia, 60 miles 1.5 hours away
And Virginia International Raceway 230 mi, 4.5 hours drive.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have run VIR and have plenty of friends who have run Summit Point , and you likely aren't too far from New Jersey Motorsports Park either?

I assume you are talking about the recent flood that the family lost their cabin along the Missouri? Crazy situation with the flooding and so devastating for so many.

Well keep that family visit in your thoughts , they don't need to know you really just came back to race, haha!!??!!

Have run VIR and have plenty of friends who have run Summit Point , and you likely aren't too far from New Jersey Motorsports Park either?

I assume you are talking about the recent flood that the family lost their cabin along the Missouri? Crazy situation with the flooding and so devastating for so many.

Well keep that family visit in your thoughts , they don't need to know you really just came back to race, haha!!??!!

We have a family Reunion coming up at the end of August, I might have to stay an extra week and check out the mustang roundup.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Rumor a GT 500 will be there , and not saying it is true , but ..........
the past rumors a Ford GT would be there , 3 of the first year GT 350Rs ( 2015) were there that year, new s550 Mustangs showed up their first year , etc.

Logical progression is if all rumors turn out to be true , then the new rumor has a strong probability factor too!!??

TMO Supporting Vendors