The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Focus RS is Coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

top gear's early review from the right seat. pretty darn promising.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/we-rode-shotgun-new-345bhp-ford-focus-rs-yes-it-drifts

So this wasn't good enough that Ford is already working on updates that include a DCT. 8)

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1100945_ford-mulls-more-performance-dual-clutch-gearbox-for-focus-rs-report

2016-ford-focus_100530280_m.jpg

you've got to believe there were many things, along the way in development, that the product team would have liked to do if cost constraints and demand questions didn't exist. Now that it's clear that there isn't a demand issue (at the current RS's price point, anyway)...it's speculated that, much like the GT350, every 2016 that will be produced has been pre-ordered...I'm sure they'd like to build an RS3-snuffer.

I, for one, would love to see that happen...but I'm going to be very happy with my 'regular' RS in the meantime. ;-)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Does anyone have a bead on these? The garage in our new house can't for both cars due to the length. I might be interested in getting one, pending markup.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
The Focus RS is getting closer to US market showrooms. The first 350 HP I4T rolled off the assembly line on January 15, 2016! This car with Drift Mode TC enabled will be a blast to drive to the grocery store.

Ford announcement of 01/15/2016:

"ALL-NEW FOCUS RS ROLLS OFF THE LINE IN GERMANY; HOT HATCH SET TO ARRIVE AT U.S. DEALERSHIPS THIS SPRING

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 15, 2016 – With U.S. sales of Ford’s performance cars outpacing the overall industry, production kickoff for the company’s long-anticipated, 350-horsepower hot hatch couldn’t come at a better time. The first all-new Focus RS has rolled off the line in Saarlouis, Germany.

The arrival of Focus RS in the United States this spring adds to a potent hot hatch lineup. Ford’s Focus ST and Fiesta ST both have enjoyed critical acclaim and success. Sales of the Focus ST increased 9 percent last year while Fiesta ST saw a gain of 4 percent.

The Ford Performance U.S. lineup is set to grow by three models in 2016. Focus RS will be joined by F-150 Raptor this fall and the all-new Ford GT supercar that goes into production late this year. Along with Focus ST and Fiesta ST, the lineup already includes Shelby® GT350 and GT350R, which debuted late last year.

Record-breaking Focus RS: Focus RS is one of 12 performance vehicles Ford will bring to customers globally through 2020. Developed by a team of Ford Performance engineers in Europe and the U.S., Focus RS is powered by a specially engineered version of Ford’s new 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine. Its 4.7-second 0-62-mph sprint makes the high-performance hatchback the fastest-accelerating Ford RS model ever.

Focus RS pioneers innovative Ford Performance All-Wheel Drive with Dynamic Torque Vectoring for a new level of handling, grip and cornering speed. For the first time, the RS model gets selectable drive modes – including industry-first drift mode that allows controlled oversteer drifts – and launch control.

To learn more about the new Focus RS, please visit the Focus RS page": http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/rs/

I see the Build & Price option is now available, and with a few options like Forged Wheels & MPSS Cup 2, (Track Option), and Leather Recaro's, she comes in about the same price as a 2013 Boss 302. I'll be looking for WRC podium finishes with this new car! Go Ford Performance!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The 2017 Ford Focus RS Is a Track Car Disguised as a Practical Hatchback
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a28021/the-2017-ford-focus-rs-is-everything-enthusiasts-hope-for/

landscape-1453997945-rs-326sized.jpg

the RDU (rear drive unit) is a really interesting piece of kit with awesome benefits for driving dynamics. I hope the RDU holds up to the rumored, but expected, Mountune tuning ;-)

I am very much looking forward to driving this car. I think it'll be a great driver in the very tight / twisty mountain roads here in the Santa Cruz mountains.

The car pictured is what I ordered, Nitrous Blue with the base multi-spoke wheels.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/2016-FORD-FOCUS-RS--191862

http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/1602-see-how-much-the-worlds-rarest-ford-focus-rs-just-sold-for/

just in case you missed this on Saturday night

the winner also got a day from Ford President Mark Fields at Miller Motorsports Park

and top gear weighs in again.
COTY!

THE Ford Focus RS has been named the Car of the Year by Top Gear Magazine’s motoring journalists.

Judges described the new RS as a car that: ‘Combines such vivid personality with real practicality and serves it up at such a tempting price’.

With a £29,995 price tag, the Ford Focus RS is one of cheapest cars on the list with a top speed of 165mph and hitting 0-62mph in 4.7 seconds. Winning Car of the Year is no stranger to Ford; the Fiesta ST also won the award in 2013.

Other notable winners include: Mazda, who picked up the Roadster of the Year Award for the new version of the iconic MX-5; and Urban Warrior of the Year for the CX-3,
Here is the full list of winners

Car of the Year 2016 - Ford Focus RS

Hot Hatch of the Year - Ford Focus RS

Manufacturer of the Year - McLaren

Coupe of the Year - BMW M2

Estate Car of the Year - Mercedes-AMG C63 Estate

Family Car of the Year - Land Rover Discovery Sport

Freak of the Year - Ariel Nomad

Hardcore Car of the Year - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Luxury Car of the Year - Rolls-Royce Dawn

Muscle Car of the Year - Ford Mustang GT350R

Noise of the Year - Range Rover Sport SVR

Roadster of the Year - Mazda MX-5

Saloon of the Year - Jaguar XF

Sports Car of the Year - Porsche Cayman GT4

Supercar of the Year - Ferrari 488 GTB

Urban Warrior of the Year - Mazda CX-3

Zen Car of the Year - Volvo XC90

Engine of the Year - Ferrari F12tdf

The almost universal accolades for this car are incredible.

Working on making one happen as a replacement for my Fusion Energi when my lease is up later this year. Absolutely incredible daily driver, and would have to try it on the track at least once!

Surfergeek said:
The almost universal accolades for this car are incredible.

Working on making one happen as a replacement for my Fusion Energi when my lease is up later this year. Absolutely incredible daily driver, and would have to try it on the track at least once!

Everyone loves the Focus RS, especially the dealers who are raping anyone who wants to buy one. I know two people who gave up this month and bought Golf R's instead.

The Golf R is a nice car. Not as quick as the Focus RS will be, but quick enough, and much more refined. The interior is beautiful. And of course you can get a dual clutch auto if you are so inclined. The Golf R is built in Germany unlike the rest of the US Golfs which are built in Mexico.

coboss said:
Everyone loves the Focus RS, especially the dealers who are raping anyone who wants to buy one. I know two people who gave up this month and bought Golf R's instead.

The Golf R is a nice car. Not as quick as the Focus RS will be, but quick enough, and much more refined. The interior is beautiful. And of course you can get a dual clutch auto if you are so inclined. The Golf R is built in Germany unlike the rest of the US Golfs which are built in Mexico.

Yup, the Golf R is on the short list for me too if the RS doesn't end up panning out. But the RS and Golf R with driving dynamics are in different classes it seems from everything I have seen.

I have looked at the Golf R and it does have a nice interior with more bells and whistles, but seems to be readily available and will continue to be available when my lease is up on my fusion in October if the RS doesn't pan out. At this point, I would say it's my 2nd choice to the RS to replace my fusion.

TMO Supporting Vendors