The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford GT MK II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

33754D55-A2A7-447C-8FA5-84D4A1F606C7.jpeg
Tough crowd here folks! My Boss keeps my hands full...that's enough for me.A FGT !,2or 3 would be too much for me.

Truth is you can only drive one car at a time anyway. The Boss is a car that can be all you really need.

As to the new FGT just putting facts on the table. Not trying to tweak anyone. Still a huge FGT fan and Ford fan but love Porsche’s too.

My name is on the #60 Matech FGT that was leading in class until it got hit. I was a sponsor with a number of others on the FGT Forum in 2010. I couldn’t sleep for days when that car got hit. I almost cried. I have a small commemorative Matech 2010 LeMans plaque stuck by stick shift on my FGT that I got as a sponsor.

Both marks have a lot to offer enthusiasts and offer great machines. These are first world issues and discussions. Many more aren’t even fortunate enough to be in a position to have these debates. We need to count our blessings and not lose sight of this.

Even though I love Porsche I still bleed a lot of blue. Recent pick of my baby.

Last edited:
Depends where you live. I know two people with the cars with two more on order here in the Sacramento area. They all drive or will drive them. And that’s not counting Joey Hand and Scott Pruitt who both have theirs in storage. I’ve had a nice and fast ride in one and it’s impressive. Keep in mind I’ve driven a McLaren 720 S. If I had room for multiple cars I’d want one in a bad way. IMO it’s as exotic looking as anything available today. The 2016 LeMans win just adds to the story. But if I could only have one weekend car to drive my practical side would take over and I’d have a GT3/GT3 RS.

Depends where you live. I know two people with the cars with two more on order here in the Sacramento area. They all drive or will drive them. And that’s not counting Joey Hand and Scott Pruitt who both have theirs in storage. I’ve had a nice and fast ride in one and it’s impressive. Keep in mind I’ve driven a McLaren 720 S. If I had room for multiple cars I’d want one in a bad way. IMO it’s as exotic looking as anything available today. The 2016 LeMans win just adds to the story. But if I could only have one weekend car to drive my practical side would take over and I’d have a GT3/GT3 RS.

Agreed. I would think in California where you have celebs and big $ they will be a more common site.

The new FGT is an awesome piece and very exotic looking no doubt. I opted not to apply for one for practical reasons too. However, if one showed up at my door I would definitely find room for one more.;)

While the RS is not quite as exotic looking you get equivalent performance track wise and it’s a much friendlier road car but with the new rose jointed suspension and Cup car springs and dampers it can be a bit “harsh” on less than smooth roads but like the FGT it is weapon fast.

It also has that 9000 rpm flat six. One of the best sounding engines on the planet. Only car I like the sound of better is the Performante’.

RS is no slouch in the looks department either.

ECE39557-E902-443A-861C-1E44933F3C93.jpegFEBC4B4B-F7B9-4777-8967-C9493EE2629A.jpegCE73E279-0412-48C7-956D-4F12DAA48488.jpeg4DB38445-F60B-479E-9066-990F98C8A5BD.jpeg

Last edited:
"Sorry but “yawn”. Another special for the rich and special that will sit in collections"........My Birthday is in November....If I get one, I'll make it is my DD, once I figure out how to get in and out of it. The Boss will stay my "go to" car..........:D:rolleyes:

"Sorry but “yawn”. Another special for the rich and special that will sit in collections"........My Birthday is in November....If I get one, I'll make it is my DD, once I figure out how to get in and out of it. The Boss will stay my "go to" car..........:D:rolleyes:

I’d by a Porsche 935 first. Want one? I know one that is available now for $1.5

Will ship to your door. Lol.

$1.5 million and delivery 2-3 years from now. :confused:

By then it’s old news and yesterday’s car.

Problem with CF tub cars is that if you damage the tub the car is likely toast if not prohibitive to fix.

the wife just needs to pick the correct lottery numbers
That takes yrs of practice and even then there's no guarantee of getting it right.Buy your own quick pick and keep your fingers crossed.............you'd probably have the same chance of winning.....one in 100 quadmillion and that's on a good day................................

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel