The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fords carbon fiber wheel ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I came up with .690 using calipers on the rear wheels. I wasn’t able to measure the holes on the front wheels due to how deep the mounting pad is. My car is a 2017 R.

Monaca Pa
Thanks. I measured a stock set off S550 wheels and got .6850. My Apex wheels are .622 or 15.8 mm. Reverse Logic lug guide tool won’t fit after market wheels unless you ream out the holes since the outside dia. is 16mm or .629921. Ford holes are really big.

It should be the same size on all S550 cars. The R studs are longer as the CF wheels have built in AL wheel spacers/hub mounts and need the extra length.

Monaca Pa
Rick I would have thought the carbon wheel had smaller lug holes. My Apex wheels have 15.8 mm “.6220472” holes compared to fords .6850.

Monaca Pa
I have a set of reverse logic lug guide tool “thanks Byronj” and on the S550 they don’t work on Apex and other wheels because the outside dia. Is 16 mm. I am going to ream out the holes so they work.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Shame because mine work on '12 Boss OEM, Apex and Forgestar wheels and both OEM and the extended ARP studs. Different threads sized between the S197 and S550 though.

Have you talked to the folks at Reverse Logic?

Monaca Pa
Apex holes are 15.8 mm and the lug tool is 16mm in diam. I did ask Fred at Reverse Logic and with the 14mm studs 16 mm is the smallest they could go.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel