The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT 350 Oil Change Kits Have Been Updated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas Oil 5W-50 Oil Change Kit
Motorcraft 5W-50 Oil Change Kit
Motorcraft OEM Oil Filters

***Updated Kit With New Cartridge Filter Added***

Please inspect your 2017 GT350 before ordering. If you have a black plastic 'can' where the oil filter usually resides, you have a 2017 Build Shelby which uses the FL-2062 Cartridge Filter. If you have a conventional spin on filter use the FL-2069-ST filter.

I'm not sure if TMO members have been the ones buying us out of Lucas product but it has been a popular choice so we upped our Stock Levels of Lucas Product to the point where we now have our supplier stocking 20 cases for us to eliminate shortages. The Lucas seems to have become a popular upgrade over the Motorcraft which we still stock as well.

So check your actual filter configuration before ordering...Ford has kept this very quiet and has not updated any online documentation and your Ford Dealer will likely not know either. Basically it is the filter for the F150 2.7 EcoBoost, so they likely have it but will have difficulty locating it because as of now it is not listed.
OeAInvT.jpgqTveoNk.jpg4v8ylMD.jpgdDsKJ8W.jpgvDJoSqx.jpg

Thanks Tim. I wonder if the change by Ford is due to the oil filters vibrating loose?

Thanks Tim. I wonder if the change by Ford is due to the oil filters vibrating loose?
Yes, plus the I'm actually surprised they haven't gone to these across the board. It's much less expensive, and the design has been around for over a decade. It is self-dampening so it absorbs vibration, the double o-ring seals the can, not torque and it's been proven. The filter cartridge is self sealing on the ends and with the extended threaded cap it really will not back off (2 o-rings to isolate it from harmonics) I saw some posts over concern of it being adequate but in reality it is a superior design. All Ford needs to do is start putting them on top of the engine like everyone else so you have zero mess ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors