The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Lighter DS is great but significantly lower throttle response gains than lighter wheels and rotors... rotational inertia/angular momentum etc.

Rotor gains... StopTech front 2 piece S550 vs std nearly 8#/corner, Racing Brake rear 2 piece nearly 6 #/corner... total is nearly 30# (unsprung, rotating)...

Yes for sure... this is all motherhood stuff... but it should be considered (immediately after lighter wheels) if handling and throttle response gains related to weight loss is a goal.

Will it fit? Which transmission is in the FP350S?

I love my QA1. Other than having the first two damaged in shipping, it’s been solid.

No clocking, no adjustments, no vibrations. I’ve gotten it up to 160 at the track and there isn’t a hint of issues.

Far better quality than my DSS one I had.

I have had issues with two DSS CFs. Both failures likely due to excessive heat given how very close the DS is to my 2 exhaust pipes. The heat breaks down the glue joint between the CF and rear diff coupler, thus the DS breaks free and is spinning on the coupler. DSS has been fantastic in helping resolve the problem and given my second failure I have changed to a DSS aluminum.

DFW, TX
Will it fit? Which transmission is in the FP350S?

• PRICING
  • MSRP: $114,990
  • Part #: M-FP500-FP350S
  • POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN
  • 5.2L 4 valve/cylinder V8 Bore x Stroke: 94mmx93mm
  • 8250 RPM Redline
  • 12 quart deep sump racing oil pan and oil cooler
  • Tremec 3160 Transmission with integral pump and Ford Performance shifter
  • Torsen differential w/ 3.73 FDR
  • Unique race wiring harness

I've had my QA-1 CF shaft in the GT350 since January. After two Optima Ultimate competitions which include very hard track days, autocrosses and "speed stop challenges" which are basically drag races, I can say that it works great. Max speed for me is 148 (by GPS) at VIR. I'm just disappointed that no one can see it as it is a nice looking piece.

Well it arrived June 1st and all I've had time to do is take it out of the box and take a few pic's and weigh it ! If I'd stop flying to Asia every other week I'd get it installed !

More to come soon.............

IMG_8417-S.jpg
IMG_8418-S.jpg
Did you install your Carbon Fiber driveshaft from the The Driveshaft Shop? If so any issues?

Hey there all ! Sorry for the lack of input on this subject ! I had the best intentions of doing so but then my wife and I had twin girls :eek::D! To say my hands are full is an understatement !:D:D:D

Yes I did indeed install the driveshaft (about 1.5 hours) and did a full season (6 events) with NASA Rocky mountain in HPDE 3 and had no issues at all ! Great investment. ! No Vibrations no wobbles, noises etc. !

The worst part was rounding off one of the Ford OEM fasteners from the driveshaft to the rear diff trying to remove the OEM driveshaft ! Had to cut it off ! Other than that all smooth sailing !

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
In the next week I'll be switching over from DSS Alum to DSS CF and hope to feel the diffrence on my 12' Boss.

@cghawk, you running with NASA at Pueblo, PPIR or HPR this year. If so, stop by and say hello. I'll miss the July one at HPR but should be there in October.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel