The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Order Banks Are Open! Order Guide and Pricing Inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The order guide is not clear. Did the system allow the dealer to place the order?

Comp orange is not available on the R. The red stripes will be lost on a red R. Red doesn't go well with orange either.

Here's the red R. Put a black roof on it and add a stripe on the hood filling in the V from the vent back and you'll be fine.

attachment.jpg

Interesting that there are no stripe color options showing in the "Stripe offerings" under the Competition Orange and Race Red colors for the 920A. Does that mean you can't order the "Over the Top" stripes if you choose 1 of those 2 colors with the 350R?

Austin
There are pics out there of a red R but it doesn't have any stripes. It's probably the case that you just can't get stripes on a red R because of the red trim like NFSBOSS said.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
NFSBOSS said:
Dave, I don't think there's been any hard numbers given by Ford but it looks like approximately 5,000+ GT350's and 600-750 GT350R's.

Thank you Rick! I'm happy to see a tad more volume than Boss production and it makes sense to me following the production numbers of prior Shelby models offered by Ford Motor Company.

It will also be interesting to see the Shelby American offerings of their rendition of the GT350.

These are truly the good old days in Detroit muscle/performance cars of all makes.

Now the question is when to order? A 2017 model GT350 looking good to me.
- Dave

NFSBOSS said:
Put a black roof on it and add a stripe on the hood filling in the V from the vent back and you'll be fine.

Im gonna have to see a photoshop of that because I was thinking that would look good in lieu of the stripes.

I am going to call my sales person this morning to clarify if the stripe option is
available at all on the red and orange GT 350 R's. From studying the order form
I believe it isn't. I will know for sure today I hope. If the stripes are not available
I may change the color. I was hoping for a color closer to the fifty year old original cars.
I may decide on white with blue or blue with white. Decisions, decisions.
I'll let ya'll know what I find out.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
tigerbillsbikes said:
I am going to call my sales person this morning to clarify if the stripe option is
available at all on the red and orange GT 350 R's. From studying the order form
I believe it isn't. I will know for sure today I hope. If the stripes are not available
I may change the color. I was hoping for a color closer to the fifty year old original cars.
I may decide on white with blue or blue with white. Decisions, decisions.
I'll let ya'll know what I find out.

Another option would be to have stripes applied after purchase.

would make your unique.

The R says Auxiliary Gauges are deleted. I'm assuming both versions of the GT350 have the oil pressure and oil temp gauges at the top of the center stack. What gauges are deleted?

cloud9 said:
The R says Auxiliary Gauges are deleted. I'm assuming both versions of the GT350 have the oil pressure and oil temp gauges at the top of the center stack. What gauges are deleted?

I found that interesting / curious too...because it appears that the electronics package adds them back in.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel