The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Tire Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The issue with 11.5" square is that you need a BIG spacer. You would have to run the R hubs (long studs) to get it to work. I don't think ARPs would be long enough.

I stuck another 10mm spacer on top of my 28mm that I run on my 19x11" square setup to see how they looked. The suspension wasn't settled in the photo.

Your original post got me thinking about this fitment. OP mustang has replacement "R" studs that will handle IIRC up to 2" spacers. The downside to this setup is tire options as I've only found SC2, A7/R7, & Pirelli slicks.

Forgot to mention that I ran square PSC2's in 305's on my GT350. With no suspension modifications other than camber plates the car was very neutral with no understeer.

I have a feeling this is where I'll start with mine. I raced with NASA for 10 years and I'm tired of working on my track car. I want just a few simple mods that are streetable to make the car consistent and fun. I'm done working long nights preparing for track weekends.

I was wondering whether you can run 305/30/19 tires on all four R spec ( 11 front / 11.5 rear) wide wheels ? Not so worried about rotating them. More interested in the more neutral balance and absence of OE under steer that some mentioned. Thanks for the advise.

You should be fine. Or run 315 square.

Higher temps on the outside? I don't check temps very often as I'm not keeping lap times plus I'm kinda lazy. ::) I'm more concerned about wearing evenly.

Another thing to consider about using the CC plates is steering feel. More camber typically sharpens up the steering and I can tell the difference on track and unfortunately on the street too.

Sorry, I've been out of town..usually the high temps are on the inside since the car is running down the road on the inside edge., then transitions to the center/on the corners. But the high temps are always on the inside, if they are on the outside, you will definitely have issues.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Do you have a link to the tires? Are the 19" Pirelli slicks available in 315's or 325's?
I picked up a set of Pirelli slicks from GT Racing Tires (https://gttrackdays.com/?doing_wp_cron=1598284604.1656060218811035156250) They are 315/705/19. ($600 plus $100 for shipping) Todd, the owner sells used slicks. His website describes his program. I'm going with a square set up as was recommended by GT350 owners that are running slicks for track days. I have an event this Friday which will be my first one on these tires. Will post my thoughts afterward.

I picked up a set of Pirelli slicks from GT Racing Tires (https://gttrackdays.com/?doing_wp_cron=1598284604.1656060218811035156250) They are 315/705/19. ($600 plus $100 for shipping) Todd, the owner sells used slicks. His website describes his program. I'm going with a square set up as was recommended by GT350 owners that are running slicks for track days. I have an event this Friday which will be my first one on these tires. Will post my thoughts afterward.

I reached out to him awhile back after i traded off my Boss for a GT350 and he got back to me right away. I'll go the same route you did next year, just need to get another set of wheels over the winter. What wheels are you running? Curious if you have 11 or 11.5" wheels.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
I reached out to him awhile back after i traded off my Boss for a GT350 and he got back to me right away. I'll go the same route you did next year, just need to get another set of wheels over the winter. What wheels are you running? Curious if you have 11 or 11.5" wheels.
I found a set of P51 flow forged aluminum wheels in 19x11 front and 19x11.5 rear. Recommended front and rear off sets for 350/R. Running for the first time Friday. We'll see how it goes!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
I found a set of P51 flow forged aluminum wheels in 19x11 front and 19x11.5 rear. Recommended front and rear off sets for 350/R. Running for the first time Friday. We'll see how it goes!
Quick update. Track Night in America event on Friday at DCTC in Rosemount, MN (short drivers training course). Big shout out to the SCCA/Tirerack team for putting on these events. The Pirelli slicks worked great. laps times up as were corner speeds. Better under braking and power went down with far less wheel spin. All to be expected. Some minor rubbing of the fronts but only under hard breaking on some big bumps. Camber will certainly fix that. So I can recommend the Pirelli cast-off 315/705/19 square set up. Next up - Brainerd International and the Donnybrook layout, then Road America!

Quick update. Track Night in America event on Friday at DCTC in Rosemount, MN (short drivers training course). Big shout out to the SCCA/Tirerack team for putting on these events. The Pirelli slicks worked great. laps times up as were corner speeds. Better under braking and power went down with far less wheel spin. All to be expected. Some minor rubbing of the fronts but only under hard breaking on some big bumps. Camber will certainly fix that. So I can recommend the Pirelli cast-off 315/705/19 square set up. Next up - Brainerd International and the Donnybrook layout, then Road America!

i just got a set Of The same pirelli’s from GT track tire. Are you on 19x11 or 19x11.5

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Texas
Also looking at tire/wheel options.
I plan to track my R with the Carbon wheels/slicks combo and buy a set of "regular' wheels to DD with the "OE" Michelins.
I have searched but I can not find the BS and/or Offset for the wheels so I can buy the other set of wheels to the same specs.
Thanks for any input

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
[email protected] or [email protected]

Used Pirelli race tires for a bit over a hundred a piece and these guys also run GT Track Days , and there is a weekend in August at the Corvette Museum Track they are sponsoring for those that want to go pick on some Vettes ,ha.

Greg's phone number is 414-640-7218
I have a set. Really happy so far. Todd is a good guy and helpful.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Texas
How tall is 705? And how minor is minor rubbing my Man? Do you think that with a 305 Square the rubbing would disappear? Or even with the more aggressive Track Camber with the same 315's?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
How tall is 705? And how minor is minor rubbing my Man? Do you think that with a 305 Square the rubbing would disappear? Or even with the more aggressive Track Camber with the same 315's?
They are a bit taller than than the stocks, the camber seems to solve it, but I haven't run then hard since installing the plates. They only rubber on the inner plastic fender guards and lust under heavy breaking. Shes up for the up for the winter so I won't have the next assessment until 21.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Texas
They are a bit taller than than the stocks, the camber seems to solve it, but I haven't run then hard since installing the plates. They only rubber on the inner plastic fender guards and lust under heavy breaking. Shes up for the up for the winter so I won't have the next assessment until 21.
Thanks Man!
I would probably go with the 305's square then...still a lot of tire.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
Thats probably a better option. When I need to replace these, I might do the same. We'll see how these work. 315 is a lot of tire to turn.
I just reached out to Todd last night after Google searching… than I found this thread, so what are the updates from the 305-315, I’m running square 11.5’s?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel