The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT500 vs. Helcat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The GT500 looks bone stock so maybe just a pulley swap? The Mustang driver did a much better job heating up the tires too...

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
It looks to me like the Hellcat even got the jump. I don't think the GT500 needs a whole lot, but I don't know how tunable that generation is. The Hellcat is about 4,500 lb. vs about 3,900 lb. for the GT500 so it needs almost a 100 hp less to keep up and trapping well into the 120's means drag is becoming a factor too and GT500's are smaller cars so (assuming drag coef. is comparable), the GT500 should have an aero advantage too the last couple of seconds.

TMO Supporting Vendors