The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hawk DTC-60 Brake Pads for Track Days in GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Not exactly what you're looking for, but I run Hawk DTC-50s on my PP1 car and they have been good, haven't had any weirdness with them. Good initial bite and feel. Wear after 8 track days is less than half pad thickness, so likely good for another 5-6 track days. The DTC-50 has a different heat profile than the 60, I believe it's working temp range is slightly higher than the 60.

In the V6L
Depends on what you like. I bought a set for one of my track cars, used them once and tossed them. The dust is corrosive and the rising torque curve means every corner starts with a different brake effort that depends on how much the pads cooled off since the last corner. A lot of people like them but I switched to Pagid and never went back.

Depends on what you like. I bought a set for one of my track cars, used them once and tossed them. The dust is corrosive and the rising torque curve means every corner starts with a different brake effort that depends on how much the pads cooled off since the last corner. A lot of people like them but I switched to Pagid and never went back.

Which pagids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the V6L
I got a quote on a set of them from the dealer here in the GTA, $900 for fronts! For that price I can buy 3 sets of Hawks and a case of beer or two. Where do you get yours?
Pagid's tend to be pricey in any case. I keep my costs down a bit because I maintain a post box in northern Washington State. I get domestic US shipping costs (usually free) and then I import most of my parts myself, paying the sales taxes but no brokerage or other agency fees. I bought the last set from Track Day Solutions at a bit over $900 USD for a set of GT350 fronts and rears, but there are other vendors out there that have them, and the pricing does vary a bit.

In the V6L
Knsbrakes has a set of Pagid rs-29 f/r for just under $900 I don’t know how the differ from the rsl-29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I checked with Pagid tech support when the part number changed - RSL is the same compound as the RS with a 3-letter designation to keep the part numbering consistent with the rest of their expanding product line.

TMO Supporting Vendors