The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sounds good, I do know some of the limitations on many of those just from Instructing in NASA and our experiences with the Motorsports Division ( which though it was shut down while we opened our Bentley Store , is getting back in gear ). Be interesting to hear your views on the S550 , as weight often has a lot to do with how appropriate a tire is for each car. There are getting to be some big advantages , price wise, with some of the tires made in the US, as the tariff war and strong dollar has affected the cost of many imports.

Small update. Went back to Thunderhill and knocked a couple seconds off the 3 mile! Also got to run the 5 mile day two, but the AIM didn't pick it up correctly :/

Speedboosted--2011 Mustang GT/305 Conti/AP Radi-Cal/Watts/MCS- 2:03.5

THUNDERHILL 3MILE BYPASS
1:58.1

Well..improved my previous PB by 7 second..while Dial in my coilovers ( yes I finally have coilovers !!) .It was a good day with my friends of ONGRID. With tons of traffic on turn 1 and 15mph less speed than my second best lap, I was able to make this 1:58 .Data says 1.56 is not far( i lost 1 second only in the first 20 second of the lap ) but this is great as second time here . JRi CORTEX Coilovers showed big potential but I need to dial in the rear. the new Engine tune push my 4000lbs car to 138mph on the straight! as always RACERS360 will analyze it soon!
Car weight minimum :3989 lbs with me and half tank
MODS tires: 295 yoko A052 engine tune :
Palm Beach Dyno
Suspension : CORTEX JRi
Sway bars: Eibach

@flyhalf how are you liking the new suspension?

Still a little unstable om the rear in braking with car going little left right..(but maybe too much toe out)
And little understeer in high speed cornering.
But car is planted.
I will see what i can do in buttonwillow next. I have data there. Or again Thill for direct comparison.
Byron not sure about sonoma. If it doesn't rain probably march 14-15 for TT NASA.
Otherwise autoclub speedway.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Been a while, GT/mild mods/305 RS-4s

EAGLES CANYON 2.0 (Omagerd the new surface is wonderful)
1.65 CCW 1.18.788 Holy hell turn 5 will take your breath away. Track is evolving so this time will not stand.

MOTORSPORT RANCH CRESSON (CW 1.7)
1:25.878 So much more to be had. I swear I'll put a real lap together.

MOTORSPORT RANCH CRESSON (CCW 1.7)
1.22.461.Pretty proud of this lap. Didn't expect to get a PB on this warm of a day. Not classically pretty, but definitely hustling the big girl.

MOTORSPORT RANCH (CCW 3.1)
Love this track. So many corners to put together.
2:26.988

and on the much unloved Bridgestone S-007As:
EAGLES CANYON 2.0 2.7mile full course "Italian Canyon" the 6-7-8-9-10 is frickin awesome!!!
2:13.0

As always, a work in progress.

MD
Track name: Summit Main - Summit Point, WV - November 2019
Car: 2015 GT, PP Brembos, Ferodo DS1.11, 2-piece Steeda front rotors, FP Track Handling kit, Steeda Camber plates, MGW Race-Spec, GT350IM/PMAS, Lund Flex-Fuel Tune, Apex 18x11 w/ 305 NT01 square
Time: 1:21.88

Sorry for windy audio and the wrong track map, still having some growing pains with the AiM. Any Smartycam microphone suggestions out there? Also, is there a better way to host this or is it fine linking to my google drive?

Last edited:
MD
Track name: Shenandoah - Summit Point, WV - August 2019
Car: 2015 GT, PP Brembos, PowerStop Track Day Pads, FP Track Handling kit, Steeda Camber plates, MGW Race-Spec, GT350IM/PMAS, Lund Flex-Fuel Tune, Apex 18x11 w/ 305 NT01 square
Time: 1:39.56

This was my first time using the AiM so that's what's happening with the layout and data.

MD
Track name: VIR Full - Alton, VA - November 2018
Car: 2015 GT, PP Brembos, PowerStop Track Day Pads, FP Track Handling kit, Steeda Camber plates, MGW Race-Spec, GT350IM/PMAS, Lund Flex-Fuel Tune, Apex 18x11 w/ 305 NT01 square
Time: 2:12.09

GoPro video quality is better than the AiM but both microphones seem to have trouble with wind noise. The video quality may default to a lower setting but it can be toggled up to 1080p. This was my first time at VIR, which may be obvious if look at my line through Oak Tree, but hoping to return this year. Note: the other two mustangs were with me and we weren't harassing each other even if it may look like it.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
El Stangtuga,

Thanks for proving the rumors are true , that Eagles Canyon is now as smooth as a babies buttuci ! Plenty of friends told me about it , raving as you have, but no one posted a darn thing. Thanks to you I can see why the excitement is back at that track. You are definitely the Texas Track Tortuga , though I think after watching you have come out of your shell and are more of a torpedo , especially at Cresson --- nice run at 1:22!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Okay , Flyhalf, not sure how I missed your measly 7 second improvement at Thunderhill, man I just expected more from you ,ha,ha. Killer improvement and you had to be stoked after that, and for those folks wondering , how did the Yokes hold up? Are you running a 18x10 , as figured you could go to 315/18 with the A052.

Track name: Roebling Road
Car: 2012 Boss 302 - Jri coilovers SA 450/250 springs / watts link / long tubes / 18x10 apex wheels w 275/40/18 Nexen SUR4G tires (200 tw) / Gloc R16 front / R12 rear / 302s ABS module / Stock boss brakes
Time: 1:21.18 (SOLO2 AIM verifies) - 147 MPH top speed

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
Track name: Roebling Road
Car: 2012 Boss 302 - Jri coilovers SA 450/250 springs / watts link / long tubes / 18x10 apex wheels w 275/40/18 Nexen SUR4G tires (200 tw) / Gloc R16 front / R12 rear / 302s ABS module / Stock boss brakes
Time: 1:21.18 (SOLO2 AIM verifies) - 147 MPH top speed
How were those tires? I know they had a drift compound; I assume these are not that compound! I have a friend in a Miata considering those tires but I don't know much about them.

TMO Supporting Vendors