The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Maximum Motorsport Camber Plates Included with JRi Dampers - Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,

I will mention up front that I haven't installed the struts just yet and that my observations are based on just visual inspection of the part in question.

Can anyone tell me if the provided CC plates are indeed adjustable for Caster? I'm having a hard time visualizing how one could adjust Caster on these based on how they are supposed to be installed (Notch Facing outboard). The Caster plate comes with a large oval/oblong notch in the center which is supposed to be oriented Horizontaly to allow for Camber adjustment but because of the oval/oblong shape of the cutout it looks to me that you would not be able to slide the strut forward or backward. The base plate has its notches oriented the same way as the big notch on the Caster plate. I do see that the holes where the Studs pass thru are notched for forward and rearward movement but because the big notch for Camber adjustment is oriented horizontaly I dont see how Caster can be accounted for.

Dont get me wrong, I would welcome not needing to deal with Caster adjustment assuming the design is setup in such a way to automaticly position the strut to give +7.0 or so degrees of Caster by default.

Thanks for any info you can provide

2013dibgt said:
Hello,

I will mention up front that I haven't installed the struts just yet and that my observations are based on just visual inspection of the part in question.

Can anyone tell me if the provided CC plates are indeed adjustable for Caster? I'm having a hard time visualizing how one could adjust Caster on these based on how they are supposed to be installed (Notch Facing outboard). The Caster plate comes with a large oval/oblong notch in the center which is supposed to be oriented Horizontaly to allow for Camber adjustment but because of the oval/oblong shape of the cutout it looks to me that you would not be able to slide the strut forward or backward. The base plate has its notches oriented the same way as the big notch on the Caster plate. I do see that the holes where the Studs pass thru are notched for forward and rearward movement but because the big notch for Camber adjustment is oriented horizontaly I dont see how Caster can be accounted for.

Dont get me wrong, I would welcome not needing to deal with Caster adjustment assuming the design is setup in such a way to automaticly position the strut to give +7.0 or so degrees of Caster by default.

Thanks for any info you can provide

I just put a set of these on from Cortex. Just follow the directions and the two plates are independent of each other once installed. caster plate slides fore aft and the camber cross car.

That 5th bolt (big one) acts to lock the caster plate to the camber plate (in addition they are sandwiched together via four mounting bolts to the strut tower).

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The adjustment is small. 0.75º total IIRC. And it works just like noted above.

Just put it together loose off the car and you should be able to see how it works and the way the plates slide.

Thanks for the info. I'll take another closer look at how it pieces together.

I like the sound of these things only having a minimal amount of adjustment in the Caster Dept. Hopefully at both ends of the adjustment range it doesn't go much above or below 6.75-7.25 Positive. I've got a Caster/Camber Gauge but the Caster adjustment process had been a challenge with one person and no Turn Plates. I may have to get creative with laser pointers and carboard to dial it in :-\

Thanks for that headache reducing information. If pushing it full forward provides those numbers then that's exactly what I'll be doing. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel