The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Maximum Motorsports new K member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do they have a new one? I am only seeing the same one on the website?

It’s relatively new. They (MM) have done K members for older Mustangs but not the S197 until recently. There isn’t much out there as far as installation and use experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using it for 3-4 years now and no issue so far. Only the K member, not the radiator support or swaybar bracket. It wasn't available when I bought it.
I don't remember the different feeling compared to stock, it's been swapped a while ago. But it does make working in the engine area and front suspension much easier as it clears a lot of space.

Couple things to keep in mind :
-Won't work with extended ball joint like the Ford Racing Howe unless you convert the bumpsteer to a bolt through which means drilling the spindle. MM sells a kit for that (MMTR-5).
-I'm using solid motor mount (Watson) and had to enlarge the holes that bolt o the K member. Shouldn't be a problem if you're using the stock one as the play in the bushing would compensate for the misalignment.
-I had to shim the driver FLCA rear mount. Wasn't perfectly aligned and would put tension on the bushing and wear it prematurely. I have solid delrin bushing for the FLCA, also shouldn't be a problem if you're using stock bushing.

I've been using it for 3-4 years now and no issue so far. Only the K member, not the radiator support or swaybar bracket. It wasn't available when I bought it.
I don't remember the different feeling compared to stock, it's been swapped a while ago. But it does make working in the engine area and front suspension much easier as it clears a lot of space.

Couple things to keep in mind :
-Won't work with extended ball joint like the Ford Racing Howe unless you convert the bumpsteer to a bolt through which means drilling the spindle. MM sells a kit for that (MMTR-5).
-I'm using solid motor mount (Watson) and had to enlarge the holes that bolt o the K member. Shouldn't be a problem if you're using the stock one as the play in the bushing would compensate for the misalignment.
-I had to shim the driver FLCA rear mount. Wasn't perfectly aligned and would put tension on the bushing and wear it prematurely. I have solid delrin bushing for the FLCA, also shouldn't be a problem if you're using stock bushing.

Great - thanks for the feedback. I ordered the radiator support and swaybar brackets so we’ll see how that all works with my Whiteline bar. I’m using urethane motor mounts too so appreciate the heads up on fitment. I’ll report back when she’s all bolted up.

It’s been around a few years. Works alright from those that use it. Many race classes have a heavy handed weight/power penalty for use so not a lot of them seen in club racing

Gotcha on the rules issue. Didn’t really consider that - guess I’ll have to do an all out build now[emoji6]

TMO Supporting Vendors