The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
New guy to tracking, but not new to Mustangs, this is my third.

Had lots of fun modding my 2021 GT and looking forward to learning how to rip it around road courses. So far I have done the Charlotte Roval and more recently Rockingham Roval.
Welcome

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Consider checking out Virginia International Raceway or Carolina Motorsports Park for your next run, as I believe you will find a world of difference on a true road course. Running on almost any track is fun but you have two very well respected and exhilarating road courses just a short drive away. Glad to have you on TMO and you will find folks here are super helpful and very willing to help others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
New guy to tracking, but not new to Mustangs, this is my third.

Had lots of fun modding my 2021 GT and looking forward to learning how to rip it around road courses. So far I have done the Charlotte Roval and more recently Rockingham Roval.
Welcome, fellow cackalacky!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Iowa
Hi folks! Just joined up, owned my 94 gt since 2011. Drag raced my fwd car I owned before my stang, and have drag raced the stang a bit as well, but just hit my first autocross last weekend, and had a blast. found this forum while casually browsing how to improve! Looking forward to hyperfixating on autox and car improvements for a while 😆 hopefully with some insights from this forum!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Hi folks! Just joined up, owned my 94 gt since 2011. Drag raced my fwd car I owned before my stang, and have drag raced the stang a bit as well, but just hit my first autocross last weekend, and had a blast. found this forum while casually browsing how to improve! Looking forward to hyperfixating on autox and car improvements for a while 😆 hopefully with some insights from this forum!
Welcome!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Damon88

Welcome.

I also started with drag racing. After my first track day I understood the "Drag" in drag racing. Much more time bench racing than on track. I would spend all day for 3-5 minutes of track time. This is a great place to find folks who enjoy a few weekends a year playing with a mostly stock car to full blown racers and national title holders.

Welcome! Don't forget to do a vehicle profile HERE. It will autogenerate a build thread. The more details about your Mustang the better.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Iowa
Damon88

Welcome.

I also started with drag racing. After my first track day I understood the "Drag" in drag racing. Much more time bench racing than on track. I would spend all day for 3-5 minutes of track time. This is a great place to find folks who enjoy a few weekends a year playing with a mostly stock car to full blown racers and national title holders.
I do enjoy me some drag racing still, in fact I may go this weekend, I have yet to test out the nitrous kit I scored last year for a crazy good price. But even after almost 20 years of drag racing, it only took a single autocross to make me realize that I’m pretty sure I like it a lot more.

I’m def somewhere in the middle there. I don’t want a track-only car(at least not my 94), but it’s got some bits now, and a pile yet to install 😁 and I stacked up pretty good against the other mustangs last weekend; got beat by an 08 bullitt and a 2022 gt500, but was quicker than a 97 gt, an 07 gt, and an 01 cobra. So feeling good about things right now

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
I do enjoy me some drag racing still, in fact I may go this weekend, I have yet to test out the nitrous kit I scored last year for a crazy good price. But even after almost 20 years of drag racing, it only took a single autocross to make me realize that I’m pretty sure I like it a lot more.

I’m def somewhere in the middle there. I don’t want a track-only car(at least not my 94), but it’s got some bits now, and a pile yet to install 😁 and I stacked up pretty good against the other mustangs last weekend; got beat by an 08 bullitt and a 2022 gt500, but was quicker than a 97 gt, an 07 gt, and an 01 cobra. So feeling good about things right now
Add me to the list of people that started with drag racing and have since expanded. I drag race, autocross and the occasional HPDE event. You don't get the seat time in drag racing and autocross that you do with an HPDE event, but it doesn't go through parts quite as fast. Your 94 looks really nice, and it looks like you've done some nice things to it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel