The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW Race Spec Shifter for the MT-82

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's a nice article on the latest from MGW. Does that car belong to a TMO member?

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/drivetrain/rowing-gears-like-a-boss-with-an-mgw-shifter-upgrade/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rowing-gears-like-a-boss-with-an-mgw-shifter-upgrade

2016-03-31_23-18-10.jpg
2016-04-01_01-04-01.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have two. With early production models. The shifter on the Boss also has the Blowfish bracket.

MGW incorporated the "Concept" of mounting their shifter to the trans soon after Steve brought out his bracket.

I was at VIR talking to Steve (Blowfish)when George (MGW) showed up with his 302 R. Somehow the track put them in the same garage. I believe Sean was in between the two. Both acted like gentlemen, no surprise there. You could feel the tension between the two. Had to laugh.

I have bought great products from both and will continue to do so. Two great businessmen devoted to making great products for our cars!!!

If you don't have an MGW shifter, find a car with one and give it a try. Need tow hooks, brake cooling parts, fire extinguisher mounts etc., check out the Blowfish site. Both are sponsors here and their sites deserve a look see.

M91196 said:
Great product.
I put one in last weekend after getting fed up with missing even with a Barton with 2 post bracket. Driveway install with a bit too much up top/down under for a 55 y/o guy but couldn't be happier with the results. Rock solid every shift now. Hardest part for me was snaking my arm through the shifter opening to get the tapered bolt holding the knuckle rod linkage to the input shaft rod. Requires slight pressure forward to relieve the tension on the pin and not easily done 1 handed but eventually got it. Worth every penny!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have been running products from George ( MGW ) since 2000 and I honestly believe there is no better short throw shift mechanism for a Mustang , Corvette, Camaro, Viper, etc. Having known him all these years and visited his shop ( you can eat off the floor) , I would not put another shifter in my Mustang. Changes the dynamics of the M-80 , er, MT-82 and likely keeps it from becoming the grenade many feel it is? With new shifters out for the Tremec in the GT 350 , this will be my first purchase over all else. He owns and drives the cars, and I know for a fact he has a special place in his heart for Bosses and GT 350s --- the boy has had plenty of cars as he uses his own beasts to test all the upgrades , revisions, and builds!!

TMO Supporting Vendors