The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

mgw race spec with boss 302 gripper knob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06mach1 said:
So you survived the boot install! :eek:

I think the race spec has a completely different boot, not sure if it's still a hassle to install correctly like the stock one.

OP, how do you like the shift knob?
I've been itching to change the MGW cue-ball style to something different.

F.D. Sako said:
I think the race spec has a completely different boot, not sure if it's still a hassle to install correctly like the stock one.

The boot is the original and still a pain to re-install! Worst part of the install. The rest is cake. And what shifter is a work of art.

I like the revised gripper knob as I posted in the other thread. It has a more modest texture to it.

so far everything is good

I like the feel of the knob

knob goes well with the interior as well

did not have any issues drag racing the other day

the boot is the original one like 06mach1 stated

TMO Supporting Vendors