The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW TMO Discount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm pleased to announce that MGW is offering a 5% discount to TMO members on their shifters. I believe this also applies to all items on their website. Now you can get the best shifter for your Mustang for less!

Thanks George

Use the code below at check out. Note the all CAPS in the code.

MGWBOSSONLINE2015

@MGW

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
GaryA said:
I ordered my MGW shifter today and our code still works, for those who may have one of these fine units on their Christmas list.

Gary:
Thanks for the update on the MGW discount code.

You're going to love the new MGW shifter.
2HP

Hey Everybody,

This week (December 26-30, 2016) MGW is offering 10% off site wide with coupon code MGWHUMBUG. For those who didn't get what they really wanted for Christmas.

I just bought an X-spec shifter with standard handle. I plan on reusing my factory ball. This is the first mod I am doing to my Boss. It's a slippery slope from there...

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
LS291 said:
Hey Everybody,

This week (December 26-30, 2016) MGW is offering 10% off site wide with coupon code MGWHUMBUG. For those who didn't get what they really wanted for Christmas.

I just bought an X-spec shifter with standard handle. I plan on reusing my factory ball. This is the first mod I am doing to my Boss. It's a slippery slope from there...

Slippery...yes. A great way to go!!

Check out a few of the threads concerning removal of the shift knob. It can be a chore.

The MGW was also my first mod. You always remember the first time. LOL.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
j3st3r said:
Just ordered mine today!

Your going to love it!

I looped my 2" wide leather belt around the shift ball and used a pipe wrench over the leather. Removed the shift knob in 12 seconds?

Have fun and let us know how you like the MGW.
2HP

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
This is a bargain , since George is super reasonable for the quality of work he does. If you are ever in Augusta , GA. his place is usually clean enough to eat off the floor, and his work and expertise in getting out the best quality short throw shifter is unparalleled. Do not know any other manufacturer in his industry that makes a product and then when it is the best one made, still goes back over and over to improve it even more. To me there is absolutely no other shifter to even consider!!

George thinks a lot of TMO , and nice to see him offering something to us , as he really does not need to. He is a track rat also, so he gets this Forum , better than most !!

I love mine, I've had it for close to 10 years. I think it was the first mod I did. Is there any advantage to getting the new one? Mine works fine, but if there's a substantial improvement I'll sell mine and get the new one. I was just wondering if the improvements made since then warrant an update.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have the first MGW on the car now with a BlowFish bracket... I got my track buddy to try out the new race spec one on his track only mustang..... The new one is many miles a head of the old one, feels like a bolt action rifle :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Not really an issue of the problem with the MT82 ( or M-80 as it is commonly called ) , but more a state of short shifting perfection and precision George at MGW has been working on for 20+ years. Helping folks avoid missed shifts, tightening up the throws, beefing up the components, etc. have been MGWs Mantra for a ton of years. Had their short throw shift kits on all my Vipers, all my Boss 302s , and our shop ( www.woodhouseperformance.com ) has installed the MGW short throw system almost 100% exclusively for almost 20 years ). Have the set up on my Viper, and one ordered for my GT 350 . The idea behind the MGW kits are precise shifts, some safety to avoid missed shifts, and durability for the street/track. Been in a lot of after market shops over the years and as I mentioned before you can eat of the floor at MGW. The best thing is George has had a ton of Mustangs over the years , so he is in the fold , big time!!! ( recently had over the past years a couple of Boss 302s, Boss 302s , GT 350 , Mustang GT , just to name a few ) .

TMO Supporting Vendors