The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MP numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean said:
I bought a 2012 Laguna Seca MP0034 from them with 4800 miles on it in late June and now I have about 8400 miles on it, I LOVE this car. Although I had an ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS experience with O.C. Welch I am glad you had a good one!

Sean, I looked at MP0034 in early June and really liked your car and thought it was in very nice shape. It had 4889 miles on it when I was looking at buying your car and then came across PP0002 on the same lot so decided to go that way but certainly think you got a great car with some interesting history.

johnrehder said:
I just brought home a 2012 Laguna Seca that is numbered MP0005. It has 14k miles on it and appears to be in pretty good shape. Last digits of the vin are 199947. The splitter has a few scuffs on it but nothing upsetting. Paint is not bad either a few minor scratches that can be fixed easily. Bought it at O.C. Welch in Hardeeville, SC. Great guy to deal with. Love the car so far! It's a black one with the red stripes full vin is: 1ZVPB8CU4C5199947 Not sure how to add photos here. 8)

John, congratulations on your purchase of MP0005.

Happy to hear that you had a positive transaction with this dealership as they have always treated me very well when purchasing Boss or any other Blue Oval cars.

7500RPM said:
Sean, I looked at MP0034 in early June and really liked your car and thought it was in very nice shape. It had 4889 miles on it when I was looking at buying your car and then came across PP0002 on the same lot so decided to go that way but certainly think you got a great car with some interesting history.

Interesting history? Where do I find out about this history?

I do have to say though that John Butt is the man down there!! Every time I had a problem he got me answers. When it took them 2 weeks to get me my second key, I talked to John and I had it at my house the next day. After about a month after getting my car the finance manager told me they made my first car payment and I had to pay them back for it (They made the payment according to Capital One about a week before I picked the car up), granted I completely forgot about it that month and when I asked them about where my registration and licence plates were after 2 months they had no idea what was going on. After 3 months I finally spoke with John again about it and he was the one that told me that I had forgotten to make the payment and they wouldn't begin processing the paperwork for New York State's Registration and Licence Plate until I go that money to them. I will say that I did completely forget about it for a month until Greg called me and reminded me about it but it would have been nice for them to tell me that they made a payment when I picked the car up or something, not a month after you guys did it and at least tell me when I asked them about my registration and what not. Hell I would have payed them back right then and there when I picked the car up! So I was basically paying insurance and car payments for 3 months on a car I didn't have any plates or registration for. Then once they finally got all the documents to New York State, it got lost supposedly. So about a week after it was received at DMV I called them back up and asked if they could find out what is going on they told me to go to DMV and see what the problem is. Well I finally obliged because I wanted to drive my $43,000 paperweight I finally went down there only to find out that filled out the wrong forms so I had to fill out the correct forms and spend 2 days at DMV and giving DMV $250 because they miscalculated the taxes just trying to sort everything out. That was my experience with them but with that being said everyone there was very friendly though.

johnrehder

New Boss 302 LS owner
Found this information on the other boss 302 forum about MP and PP cars that were auctioned in January:

http://www.boss302forum.com/topic/15421-just-put-a-deposit-on-pp0005/page-2

The car going through the manhiem sale on the 16th is PP0001. I have verified this with the staff at the auction to check under the hood for the plate. It also has FRAME DAMAGE . The front apron , struts , hood, and bumper all had to be repaired...so it hit hard somewhere.
Cool to be #1...but it has a tough history.

So PT are you including my PP0005 as one of the 2 released so far ?

The owner of PP0003 sent me info on the colors and actual cars released thus far :

PP1 Laguna Black (623 Miles FRAME DAMAGE)
PP2 Boss White
PP3 Boss Comp Orange ( 125KM No Damage )
PP4 Boss Comp orange
PP5 Laguna Black (325 miles No Damage)

Also:
Looks like a bunch of test cars just got released..

5199943 23k test car Boss 302
5199947 13k test car laguna Seca John Rehder bought this one two weeks ago.
5199968 2k test car Boss 302
5199980 4k test car laguna Seca
5199984 4k miles ARS/MIS UNIT not sure what that means but a 5.0 extra clean rating given..

johnrehder said:
Found this information on the other boss 302 forum about MP and PP cars that were auctioned in January:

http://www.boss302forum.com/topic/15421-just-put-a-deposit-on-pp0005/page-2

The car going through the manhiem sale on the 16th is PP0001. I have verified this with the staff at the auction to check under the hood for the plate. It also has FRAME DAMAGE . The front apron , struts , hood, and bumper all had to be repaired...so it hit hard somewhere.
Cool to be #1...but it has a tough history.

So PT are you including my PP0005 as one of the 2 released so far ?

The owner of PP0003 sent me info on the colors and actual cars released thus far :

PP1 Laguna Black (623 Miles FRAME DAMAGE)
PP2 Boss White
PP3 Boss Comp Orange ( 125KM No Damage )
PP4 Boss Comp orange
PP5 Laguna Black (325 miles No Damage)

Also:
Looks like a bunch of test cars just got released..

5199943 23k test car Boss 302
5199947 13k test car laguna Seca John Rehder bought this one two weeks ago.
5199968 2k test car Boss 302
5199980 4k test car Laguna Seca Sean bought this one MP0034
5199984 4k miles ARS/MIS UNIT not sure what that means but a 5.0 extra clean rating given..

I got the other Laguna Seca that O.C. had :)

The earliest known picture of my car

post-13446-0-18150400-1357960839.jpg

mexicanstrat said:
This is very confusing topic.... how many test Bosses were made prior to start of the actual production for the 2012 year.

I found this:

PTRocks, on 08 Jan 2013 - 4:20 PM, said:
12 2012 PPs
8 Bosses (2 released for sale thus far)
4 LSes (2 released for sale)

43 2012 MPs
30 Bosses (22 released this far)
13 LSes (9 released for sale, not including the Barrett Jackson car)

There are also 12 2012 Tooling Test prototypes, none have been offered for sale, though some are at Miller for Track Attack

22 2013 PPs
14 Bosses (0 released)
8 LSes (0 released)

15 2013 MPs
12 Bosses (11 released thus far)
3 LSes (all 3 released)

I honestly am not to sure what PP and MP stands for and what they were used for. Is there any way to find out the history on our cars?

Sean said:
I found this:

PTRocks, on 08 Jan 2013 - 4:20 PM, said:
12 2012 PPs
8 Bosses (2 released for sale thus far)
4 LSes (2 released for sale)

43 2012 MPs
30 Bosses (22 released this far)
13 LSes (9 released for sale, not including the Barrett Jackson car)

There are also 12 2012 Tooling Test prototypes, none have been offered for sale, though some are at Miller for Track Attack

22 2013 PPs
14 Bosses (0 released)
8 LSes (0 released)

15 2013 MPs
12 Bosses (11 released thus far)
3 LSes (all 3 released)

I honestly am not to sure what PP and MP stands for and what they were used for. Is there any way to find out the history on our cars?

PP stands for Pre-Production and MP stands for Mass Production according to the guy I talked to from SVT. He also told me they are coming out with Certificate of Authenticity for the PP and MP Bosses in a couple of months. Will see.

mexicanstrat said:
PP stands for Pre-Production and MP stands for Mass Production according to the guy I talked to from SVT. He also told me they are coming out with Certificate of Authenticity for the PP and MP Bosses in a couple of months. Will see.

I have had "Certificates of Authenticity" for my 2 Pilot Production cars for many months now so suggest you and others go back to Ford Performance and ask them for certificates for your MP cars.

Good luck.

8)

mexicanstrat said:
I have a Yellow Blaze Boss that was built Dec. 6,2010 which is MP0008. When I bought the car it was in mint shape so I really think maybe an exec was using this car. It was not beat up, or had any scratches or dings in this vehicle. Actually the car is very beautiful and has been shown at local car shows. Always getting compliments on it. The only problem I have are the Recaro seats. Material is coming out from the head rest. They repaired them once with new bezels but I will have to take it back for repairs or replacements. Will tell you I would not have taken the car if it looked beat up or very abused. I bought it with about 7000 miles last year and now it has almost 15,000 on it. Bought it to drive not to look at it................

I had the same issue with mine, first they replaced the bezels then they replaced the entire seat covers. The first covers didn't have enough material to hold them in place, my service tech said the new ones had way more material for the bezels to hold.

7500RPM said:
I have had "Certificates of Authenticity" for my 2 Pilot Production cars for many months now so suggest you and others go back to Ford Performance and ask them for certificates for your MP cars.

Good luck.

8)

How did you get those?

I am still as confused as ever and still have no idea what MP cars were used for and what PP cars were used for. Yes, I know what they mean but what was the purpose for their creation?

Harry is a little bit of a tease telling me my car has an interesting history without going into detail on what it was about :p ... Now where do I find out about this history?

Also, since my car is under almost 2 feet of snow and the only thing I can do is think about it can someone help me out here. My car was built in 2010 yet it is a 2012 Laguna Seca .... Does that seem like a possibility or is my VIN sticker somehow wrong?

9394758219_eeef90e47b_c.jpg

Sean said:
I am still as confused as ever and still have no idea what MP cars were used for and what PP cars were used for. Yes, I know what they mean but what was the purpose for their creation?

Harry is a little bit of a tease telling me my car has an interesting history without going into detail on what it was about :p ... Now where do I find out about this history?

Also, since my car is under almost 2 feet of snow and the only thing I can do is think about it can someone help me out here. My car was built in 2010 yet it is a 2012 Laguna Seca .... Does that seem like a possibility or is my VIN sticker somehow wrong?

9394758219_eeef90e47b_c.jpg

I have been searching for the same answers.
If it makes you feel better, my sticker also shows a build date of 12/10/10 for a 2012 "regular" Boss. Last 3 of vin is 933.
People digging for info are having varying degrees of success. Seems to depend heavily on who you get on the other end of the phone line.
I had the dealer run an Oasis report. Not much on it other than the build date and Warranty start date 3 months later.
I think persistence is the key. Keep calling SVT until you get someone that is willing to take the time to give you answers.
At least that's my strategy for now.

My build sequence number and vin number are 4 past yours :) our cars were built right behind each other. What's your serial number on the engine?

TMO Supporting Vendors