The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Mustang GT4 build pics Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am very interesting in knowing if you know what the car weighs. I am really curious about that and can't seem to find it anywhere.

And, great driving and wonderful pics. The car looks amazing.

Dean at KohR Motorsports said his GT4's weigh 3,100 without driver and fuel.

That’s a smoking fast lap. I like it!

cortexracing

Supporting Vendor
Hi Treynor, I was out watching you for a couple laps from my shop at Sonoma Raceway Sunday and before seeing the car I didn't think it was a GT4 since it so much quieter than the Roush/KohR cars I've worked on. It looked great coming into T11 by the way. Do you know what mufflers Multimatic put on the car? I ask because I need to keep our shop car sound compliant in NorCal. Thx!

Last edited:
Hi Treynor, I was out watching you for a couple laps from my shop at Sonoma Raceway Sunday and before seeing the car I didn't think it was a GT4 since it so much quieter than the Roush/KohR cars I've worked on. It looked great coming into T11 by the way. Do you know what mufflers Multimatic put on the car? I ask because I need to keep our shop car sound compliant in NorCal. Thx!

I believe they had GT500 mufflers, but I will inquire.

The car below has no options. So twice the price of the Viper ACR. Completely different animals though, one is built for track day fun the other is build for endurance racing, typically two hours or more, and is built to the global FIA GT4 specs. The GT4 can race in any GT4 spec race around the world and races against McLaren's, Porsche's, Jaguar's etc.

The FP350S is half the price of the GT4.

https://www.kohrmotorsports.com/product/2017-ford-mustang-gt4-racecar/

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2017-ford-mustang-gt4-ar175076.html

HOLY S^&T that's pretty awesome. I think the viper was intimidated. I do wonder what the price difference is in between some of these cars and the GT4?

HOLY S^&T that's pretty awesome. I think the viper was intimidated.

I don't think he expected a Mustang to be keeping up, much less being held up. I could almost hear the confusion as we exited two: 'its still there???' He pushed harder, started making mistakes, got saved by stability control a couple of times (apex of T3!?!) and finally dialed back exiting the carousel.

Good clean fun [emoji16]

@treynor do you have a sense how your GT4 compares to a 458 CH?

I've been wondering that myself, and I did some side-by-side comparisons of video from good laps in both cars. The GT4 has a bit more mid-corner grip in both low- and high-speed corners; the 458 has better acceleration. Braking appears similar. I'd say it's a driver's race between the two cars.

I plan to put this theory to the test next time my wife's at Sonoma. We'll do a little "Ford Vs Ferrari" action and see what's what.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel