The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW PRODUCT RELEASE! Quick Change License Plate Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Yup...its finally here. I have been talking about and been asked about this for years now, but some things just need time. I tried for years to make something that worked with the old steel loops in the Blowfish Tow Loop Kits, but nothing was easy to install and robust enough to hold up to air buffeting. I got my opportunity when I decided to make the billet aluminum loop and added features at that time for this license plate mount. Its easy to install with no tools. Its rigid enough to hold the license plate in the wind. Its got multiple holes for height adjustment for the perfect position. Its made entirely of anodized aluminum and stainless steel (including hardware), so its corrosion resistant.

How it works: The mounting block on the backside of the license plate bracket, has a boss sticking out. it engages with a hole in the web of the tow loop. The block also has a cross-hole that the clevis pin goes through. To operate, simply remove the bridge pin from the clevis pin. Remove the clevis pin. Remove the loop. Insert the mounting block. Insert the clevis pin. Insert the bridge pin. DONE!

For you legacy steel tow loop customers, the new billet loops mount right up to where the steel ones do, so you can retrofit your tow loop kit to the fancy billet aluminum version and add this sweet license plate mount.
https://www.blowfishracing.com/towi...cb&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=

quick-change-license-plate-mount.jpg

Well done Steve!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
NorCal
Ordered! Thanks for keeping at it! I look forward to your new S197 fire extinguisher mount setup, as well

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
That happens every year at this time...my IT guy or the SSL people suck. There is a service ticket on it. It should be back up by the end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested in your products as well. The last time I checked there was nothing offered on the website and now the website is apparently expired. Have $. Want to spend $. Are you still in business?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I wish I knew what you were referring to, LS720? There are products on the site. Customers successfully order from the site regularly (except maybe while the SSL is expired).

Well. I am interested in a fire extinguisher mount for S197 & possibly a set of Team Dynamics rims. I have purchased items from you previously. Unfortunately it is difficult to do this when there are no listings on your site. I am asking when do believe these products may be offered again?
Thus the question regarding the state of the business. No judgement. I’d just like to know if I should look elsewhere. Thanks.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Saying “no listing on the site”, is not fair to say. There are, in fact, many items I offer. Your email stated this as well, and it had me reeling...wondering why customers might not be able to see and purchase ANY product. It’s very unnerving.

As for the product you are interested in purchasing, the Team Dynamic wheels are no longer available. TD has been acquired and has redirected their efforts from small batch custom to large batch OE production...in particular Tesla has been their focus. Their CA warehouse that used to House my custom stock, now houses Tesla wheels by the gross. Not a bad business strategy on their part. The fire extinguisher mount is being revamped. It is super close to release. The S197 specific bracket will be back from powder coating next week. The quick release mount is being assembled and packaged now. I will add the product to the site next week after the finished product get it’s glamour shots done.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Very nicely done Steve. Got it all hooked up this morning and it proved easy on and easy off. When I get to the course or track, taking it off and putting the hook back on will be a breeze. Looks great too!

2012%20Boss%20302%201902_zps02ikv8zt.jpg

2012%20Boss%20302%201906_zpsl8up3co7.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors