The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Oil coolers and radiatores..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ny
I seem to remember that the that the FR500C is about 100 hp less? Makes me thinks this would not be ideal on the coyote.
the fr500s is 100hp less. I asked Dean Martin and Jim seafuse both differences between boss and 4 cam modular fr500c. dean said 4 cam modular R50 was torque monster ,lower rpm. boss was high reving
jim seafuse hated suspension in his boss R he swapped it for the fr500c stuff. he liked modular motor better than boss. but i assume with all changes performs better.

ny
As a package it would be ideal. But if you add up the costs, its probaby behind a decent rad and a Setrab 948 as far as btu pero dollar goes.

might be sour grapes as I can't afford one right now.....
yes I agree very pricey. when C R listed 1 on ebay and drop price from 700 to 250 I had to buy it.

I have used 1 i would sell with fittings some repairs and rashes. from jbs motorsports. I would had rad shop pressure check clean before any $$$ changes hands.chris

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
New Braunfels, TX
Fabman - I had one day at Hallett, near Tulsa, on a hot day last June. Water temp on my new Coyote Aluminator (Naturally Aspirated) ran right up to the edge of 230 and cooled down in 20-minute sessions. That was with the same radiator that the FR500S came with for the 4.6L 3V, rated at 335HP with the Roush-tuned spec engine. However, I did add an oil cooler in front of the radiator, in the area behind the bumper.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Fabman - I had one day at Hallett, near Tulsa, on a hot day last June. Water temp on my new Coyote Aluminator (Naturally Aspirated) ran right up to the edge of 230 and cooled down in 20-minute sessions. That was with the same radiator that the FR500S came with for the 4.6L 3V, rated at 335HP with the Roush-tuned spec engine. However, I did add an oil cooler in front of the radiator, in the area behind the bumper.
Thank you.

TMO Supporting Vendors