The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pagid Racing Pads available at a discount for TMO Members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Pagid Racing Pads available at a discount for BMO Members

Pete, I ran HP+'s (borrowed from another Boss owner in CT) for a while, and was wondering how the RS19 pad would compare for street use. My only complaint about the HP+ is the dust, and I have a new set of HPS I was thinking of using. I know race pads are more than you need for the street, but I have been in many instances where I have had close calls. Better pads is protection, IMO. Do the RS19 pads require warm up before they are safe?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

WinterSucks said:
Pete, I ran HP+'s (borrowed from another Boss owner in CT) for a while, and was wondering how the RS19 pad would compare for street use. My only complaint about the HP+ is the dust, and I have a new set of HPS I was thinking of using. I know race pads are more than you need for the street, but I have been in many instances where I have had close calls. Better pads is protection, IMO. Do the RS19 pads require warm up before they are safe?

Don't require warm up like the HP+, much better wear (pad and rotor), less or no squealing and at least as much frictional coefficient. Modulation characteristics are also much superior. The HP+ is not a pro pad, the RS and RST series of pads are. Yes, they are more expensive initially, but they will last a LOT longer and so will your rotors.

-Pete

PeteInCT said:
Don't require warm up like the HP+, much better wear (pad and rotor), less or no squealing and at least as much frictional coefficient. Modulation characteristics are also much superior. The HP+ is not a pro pad, the RS and RST series of pads are. Yes, they are more expensive initially, but they will last a LOT longer and so will your rotors.

-Pete
I went from HP+ to Pagid RS29's on the front and this is exactly what I experienced. They do dust a lot just like any other track pad. My understanding is the HPS is a step down from HP+ relative to performance on the track or street.

Definitely, I would not plan on using the HPS on the track, but I have used HP+ for AutoX. The RS19 (on front and rear) might be nice as a dual-use pad if I stick with street tires (square 275 BFG SC2's) while I am learning, right? If I can avoid changing pads at the track that would be a bonus. As long as there is enough pad there already, anyways.

PeteInCT

Connecticut

WinterSucks said:
Definitely, I would not plan on using the HPS on the track, but I have used HP+ for AutoX. The RS19 (on front and rear) might be nice as a dual-use pad if I stick with street tires (square 275 BFG SC2's) while I am learning, right? If I can avoid changing pads at the track that would be a bonus. As long as there is enough pad there already, anyways.

The RS-19 isn't available for the rear but its not really designed for that use. The RS-56 is specifically designed only for the rear of RWD vehicles and us fine for street use.

-Pete

PeteInCT

Connecticut

WinterSucks said:

PS on this: The dust created by the Hawk pads tends to be VERY difficult to remove form the wheels once it bakes on. The Pagid pads (as well as other brands) do make dust - they are race pads - but the ease of removal is really the key if you are looking for the performance of non-stock pads.

-Pete

Another plus! I read that Pagid recommends using the pads on newish but not virgin rotors...but also tells you that previous compounds will interfere with the bedding. Is a new rotor (like the Centric Premium) plus new RS19 really that big of a deal? There is still lots of meat left on my stock rotors if the stock pad material on the rotor surface will not interfere with the bedding. I can always clean the rotors, too.

Thanks for all the help. Maybe I will see you at Thompson when it opens?

PeteInCT

Connecticut

WinterSucks said:
Another plus! I read that Pagid recommends using the pads on newish but not virgin rotors...but also tells you that previous compounds will interfere with the bedding. Is a new rotor (like the Centric Premium) plus new RS19 really that big of a deal? There is still lots of meat left on my stock rotors if the stock pad material on the rotor surface will not interfere with the bedding. I can always clean the rotors, too.

Thanks for all the help. Maybe I will see you at Thompson when it opens?
I
I plan on being at Thompson for sure.

As for the pads/rotors, I personally pair up new with new all the time with no issues. I think the concern is that new rotors have a harder time bedding in the pads until they get a little scuffed up. As long as your existing rotors are in good shape (smooth) I would just clean them down with a fine sandpaper and slap on the RS-19's. The follow the bedding procedure as closely as you can. If you have brake ducts, block them off when bedding in the pads. Also, don't try to bed them in on a day like today in CT ;-)

-Pete

PeteInCT

Connecticut

Everyone gettin' ready ???

(you guys in CT, AZ, TX, etc. are just too lucky ;D )

BOSS343

Theory of 1

WinterSucks said:
Yea, she is hibernating still, spring cannot come fast enough. I need a fun DD 8) Winter sucks :)

Robbing the Thread for a moment Pete. Get a Focus ST for DD :p

PeteInCT

Connecticut

steveespo said:
Pete
Has Pagid done a pad for the GT 500 6 piston calipers. I am getting ready to order for this spring and was thinkong of trying your brand.
Steve

Steve - I can't find the data that we went through before. What Hawk pad fits that caliper? I can cross reference from that.

-Pete

PeteInCT

Connecticut

March Special Pricing for PAGID Brake Pads !

1 set of pads: 5% off Racer Net pricing PLUS FREE SHIPPING
2 sets of pads: 7.5% off Racer Net pricing PLUS FREE SHIPPING
3 sets of pads: 9% off Racer Net pricing PLUS FREE SHIPPING
4 or more sets of pads: 10% off Racer Net pricing PLUS FREE SHIPPING

Special pricing pertains to all Mustang brake pads in RS-14, RS-15, RS-56 and RST-2 pad compounds.

Work together and get a group buy going! As long as the order is shipped to one address the Special pricing will be honored. See specs on the most popular pads here: http://www.trackdaysolutions.com/boss302/pagid_Boss302_pads.pdf

Because of the special pricing we are not allowed to post this pricing on our website - please email us with your pad order information including full name and shipping address, mention this post and include your tag name. You will be invoiced within 24 hrs. and payment can be made with any US credit card via our payment gateway to PayPal.

Let Spring begin !

-Pete@TDS

PeteInCT

Connecticut

EvocBruce said:
Thanks Pete,

Got my March special pads this week, great service!!

Bruce

Thanks Bruce - glad to work with you !

-Pete

Pete what pads would be best for the following? I plan to do the following this year besides the weekend street driving, 3 or 4 autocross and 3 or 4 DE events.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

PeteInCT

Connecticut

Just a reminder of the March special we are running !

March Special Pricing for PAGID Brake Pads !

1 set of pads: 5% off Racer Net pricing PLUS FREE SHIPPING
2 sets of pads: 7.5% off Racer Net pricing PLUS FREE SHIPPING
3 sets of pads: 9% off Racer Net pricing PLUS FREE SHIPPING
4 or more sets of pads: 10% off Racer Net pricing PLUS FREE SHIPPING

Special pricing pertains to all Mustang brake pads in RS-14, RS-15, RS-56 and RST-2 pad compounds.

TMO Supporting Vendors