The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pagid RS-29 Brake Pads for the GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here we go! 8)

Looks like I could be testing one of the first aftermarket race pads for the GT350. @PeteInCT from Track Day Solutions has been working with Pagid behind the scenes to make this happen and I should have them for my first track day in my 350 on Mon March 28th. Look for photos and a full write-up on installation and track performance over the next two weeks.

I ran the RS-29's in my Boss and I liked them a lot. The RS-29 is one of Pagid's most popular compounds so I'm looking forward to see how they work in the new car. I used the RS-29's on the street as well because they didn't make a lot of noise. They do throw off a lot of dust though. ;)

Subscribe to this thread for the latest updates.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Thanks for your help with the testing Rick! I can't wait to hear the results and neither can Pagid. The next step is add some additional compounds, I hope to get them made in RST-2 compound for the fronts also.

-Pete

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Steve, I'm actually already on that. I have customers in South America asking for the same thing. If this goes well, which I know it well, I may have more leverage with them to expand to the other mustang models.

-Pete

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
PeteInCT said:
Steve, I'm actually already on that. I have customers in South America asking for the same thing. If this goes well, which I know it well, I may have more leverage with them to expand to the other mustang models.

-Pete

Ahhh.. the South American connection ;D
Thanks

I've been a huge fan of Pagids on previous cars, really looking forward to your results. Performance will be great I'm sure, I'm most curious about pad life. How much time were you getting out of the RS 29's on your Boss?

Rustish said:
I've been a huge fan of Pagids on previous cars, really looking forward to your results. Performance will be great I'm sure, I'm most curious about pad life. How much time were you getting out of the RS 29's on your Boss?
I got six days and probably had enough for another day or two. I drive to and from the track so I didn't want to cut it close. Sonoma, LS and Thunderhill are not bad on brakes and I'm not the most aggressive driver.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Rick is light on brakes, a good thing for sure. The RS-29 compound is an endurance compound and typically will give you 1 to 2 days more wear than the non-endurance pads. I run the RST-2's up front which seem to last quite a while also even though they are not defined as endurance pads.

-Pete

PeteInCT

Connecticut
voodoo child21 said:
Ahhh.. the South American connection ;D
Thanks

Looks like RS-29 pads are now available for the '15 GT Performance Pack brakes. Can you confirm these are the pads ?

FRONT
8203.jpg

REAR
8204.jpg

I really liked the RST-2s on the Boss as they had great wear and were good on the rotors. I will get these for the GT350 when you get them primarily for track use, but will most likely start with the RS-29s if you get them first and they will probably be quieter for street use.

Thanks! I just really don't want the set a day that it sounds like the OEM pads go through. Somewhere like Watkins Glen for a couple days and you'd be wanting a few extra sets with you of the stock pads. Not fun. Really hoping the Pagids last. I've been looking at Carbotech as well. I've never bought them before but a friend with a GT is a fan. He goes through a lot of sets though.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
cloud9 said:
Is pricing set on these yet?

Pricing info will be available once they officially go into production. Pricing is relative to similarly sized endurance pads.

-Pete

I did some research to see what other cars the GT350 pads might be on and I came up with something interesting. I used the Pagid size code from my pads to come up with this.

Rears: C7 Base and Z51 Stingray. Zzzzzzz.

http://www.pagidracing.com/index.php?id=632&searchtype=v&cHash=30ecfd87db9396d5787b2ac521060123&padref=8208

The massive fronts? A Ferrari Enzo. 8)

http://www.jdl-brakes.com/pagid-rs29-brake-pads-ferrari-enzo-front-e8083.html

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Pricing for GT350 as well as other Late Model Mustangs

Racer Net Pricing for GT350 Pads
8083 RS-29 Front $675.00
8208 RS-29 Rear $315.00

For those with Ceramic rotors on the GT-350R
8083 RSC-1 Front $711.00
8083 RSC-2 Front $738.00
8083 RSC-3 Front $738.00
(Note: These are not related to any stock Ford Rotors)

Racer Net Pricing for GT with Performance Pack Pads
8203 RS-14 Front $567.00
8203 RS-29 Front $675.00
8204 RS-29 Rear $203.40

Racer Net Pricing for Boss 302 Pads
2487 RS-29 Front $340.20
2487 RST-2 Front $357.30
8113 RS-29 Rear $203.40
8113 RS-26 Rear $171.00

Contact us for TMO discounting on these or any Pagid pads.

-Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel