The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your Boss 302 or S197 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I know!! we had the grill with us but we were all suffering from high engine temps...Think we need to ventilate the splitter near the headers...... and we did not have time to install the extra setrab oil cooler... Grill on for the next race, I promise! As it is, seated the rings on the way to qualifying) About 200km of driving. Got pole in class, but ended up second on race day. Still have to put on the boss strips once the paint dries. Dam GT3 beats me on the grid every time... his DSG tranny is much faster from a roll.... New tranny arrives next week I hope, along with a blipper from Drew.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
I think it looks lower than it really is. Plus, the first shot is at the end of a braking zone on a long straight. Front splitter is 4.75" above the road in track trim.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Apex3V

Heel-n-Toe Enthusiast
Nice wheels but the real " Gold Standard," is the classic " Trackmustangsonline" decal on each side ,ha!!!

Great shots and of course I love the color of your car!
Gotta show support somehow, honestly have been able to use the decal as a tool multiple times to try and recruit people to the family. I noticed you have a large one on yours now which means I need to step up my graphics game ;)

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
72636928_2368295329947622_5689850245698027520_o.jpg

I Know!! the splitter is still too high. Too much angle on the wing, the rear felt it was bolted to the road.... But beat the GT3 and got 2nd overall. My good friend just beat me to 1st place with his 2013 Mustang GT with all the Cortex goodies in the rear. (Yes, see, I listen... my grill is back on).

72644582_2368296326614189_6220065783750328320_o.jpg

Mustangs Finished 1st and 2nd... Ahead of a Z4 and a GT3... Lots of TMO knowledge in these two cars....

9 lives wing was great but I had too much angle at -10deg, dropped 10 km/hr on the straights, that and the 3.31 with the Calimer stage 3 Mt82 was way too tall.... +180 km/hr in third and 210 km/hr at 6900 rpm in 4th.... ran out of road...

Next race is the 3 hour enduro!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
@Mad Hatter you should gut those doors and save the weight...big savings to be had. Podium pic looks like something good is in the water down in Chile...

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Maybe not right now!! We have curfew and riots!! they started the same day as the race (not related!!).. bit of a shock since that is not normal down here.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks Coz. Will do my best to offer support for the Gals!!! Going to rescue my Boss now and bring it home from the Shop so I can sleep at night..

TMO Supporting Vendors