The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Please Welcome MGW Shifters As A TMO Vendor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm very pleased to announce that MGW Shifters has joined the vendor lineup on TrackMustangsOnline. Many of you already know George and the great service and quality products they offer. MGW has a new shifter for the MT-82 that many of you track rats will appreciate. George will be along shortly to announce the new product and provide details.

Re: Please Welcome MGW Shifters As A BMO Vendor

I've had one of his shifters in the Boss for about 3 years now and it works great. High quality product.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Hi George:

Welcome to the BossMustangsOnline Forum, happy to see you joined us.

For any new members, the MGW shifter is second to none, and MGW has great videos on their website that will show you the components of the OEM shifter and then will show you the MGW improvements.

If you decide to purchase an MGW shifter, (made in the USA, Georgia), they have great "How To" videos to assist with the install. Check them out, you won't be disappoint.

This was the first mod I installed on my Boss and it's one of the best.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Welcome George - Great work! Put the MGW in my Boss after it's first track day and never looked back.

-Pete

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

Welcome to the forums! Heard nothing but good things about the shifters.

Tempted to ride this train but I think I'm holding off until the car is paid off.

Welcome George! What 302 Hi Pro said!!!!!! Great quality product, friendly customer service, excellent instructional video!

MGW shifter for 3 years, installed with less than 500 miles.

Excellent workmanship!

Welcome,

Dave

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

I have drank the MGW Kool-aid and am curious at to this new MGW shifter for our cars. Welcome George and can't wait to hear about this new product.

Welcome! Do tell about this new shifter, I'm excited to hear details as well!

MGW

Supporting Vendor

Hey guys,

We will be releasing the new RACE SPEC MT-82 shifter next week....

it is a complete replacement of the factory unit...EVERYTHING from the tail housing back is new.

- the support arm.
- the linkage arm.
- the pivot cup.

This shifter design is essentially a "top loader" concept. THere are no swivel or universal joints in the linkage rod like oem. It is straight back into a machined lower box with stainless ground linkage rod and stainless pivot cup. The side swing arm oem design is dumped for a 1.500 thick aluminum centerbeam that basically "welds" the shifter box to the transmission. The linkage arm also works as additional support for the shifter since it does not pivot.

The rear support bushing is ONLY designed for NVH dissipation. We have actually run the shifter on track with the rear bracket removed and it shifts the same. There is good science in attaching the rear pins into the rubber core for vibration dampening which is why MGW shifters are notably quieter and smoother than anything on the market.

Come like us on Facebook for a first look at the shifter design next week... I'll follow up with details here too of course !!

https://www.facebook.com/MGWshifters

1397118_372659192902153_1895165061306477543_o.jpg

George

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

MGW said:
Hey guys,

We will be releasing the new RACE SPEC MT-82 shifter next week....

it is a complete replacement of the factory unit...EVERYTHING from the tail housing back is new.

- the support arm.
- the linkage arm.
- the pivot cup.

This shifter design is essentially a "top loader" concept. THere are no swivel or universal joints in the linkage rod like oem. It is straight back into a machined lower box with stainless ground linkage rod and stainless pivot cup. The side swing arm oem design is dumped for a 1.500 thick aluminum centerbeam that basically "welds" the shifter box to the transmission. The linkage arm also works as additional support for the shifter since it does not pivot.

The rear support bushing is ONLY designed for NVH dissipation. We have actually run the shifter on track with the rear bracket removed and it shifts the same. There is good science in attaching the rear pins into the rubber core for vibration dampening which is why MGW shifters are notably quieter and smoother than anything on the market.

Come like us on Facebook for a first look at the shifter design next week... I'll follow up with details here too of course !!

https://www.facebook.com/MGWshifters

1397118_372659192902153_1895165061306477543_o.jpg

George
v

George

Will you have this shifter at VIR next week?

Tracy

I like what I see and I'm really interested in this new shifter design... I know its way to early to put a price on it but can you give us a guess. This way I'll have an idea on how to budget my mod money.

MGW

Supporting Vendor

TMSBOSS said:
v

George

Will you have this shifter at VIR next week?

Tracy

I'll have my boss 302s with our new gen 2 gt500 shifter running but i will bring a shifter and trans up for people to look at...

George

MGW

Supporting Vendor

superhero said:
I like what I see and I'm really interested in this new shifter design... I know its way to early to put a price on it but can you give us a guess. This way I'll have an idea on how to budget my mod money.

Actually the shifter design is 99 percent done and priced., We have actually installed 4 production units on non MGW customers' cars over the past few weeks. We have one item not quoted and a heat treat cost for production pieces which i should have all of this by next week... Those 2 items could alter the price plus or minus maybe 15 dollars.

But its looking like roughly this...

Whole shifter complete 475-495

Core exchange credit if you have ANY generation of our MGW MT-82 shifter already of at least $200-220!!!

So if you have an MGW MT-82 you can get this new one for about 275!!

George

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel