The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Please Welcome Vorshlag Motorsports as a TMO Vendor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please join me in welcoming Vorshlag Motorsports. I think many of you already know Terry and Jason as they've been posting here for years but we've made it official. Look for some really cool build threads from them along with some exciting new products for the S550 chassis.

MustangPaddock.jpg

voodoo child21 said:
Welcome. I have 2 questions, Forum discount? Are camber plates for 15'-16' S550 Mustangs available yet?
Steve

Question #1: no. Sorry. We don't do any discounts, group buys or gimmicky sales tricks. We try to keep the price as low as we can, all the time, for everyone. So you know when you see the price online you don't have to wait a couple months for a sale, or have anxiety because you didn't get the $5 cheaper price.

Question #2: Yes. The S550 plates are available now, though they are currently only available for suspensions using 2.25", 2.5" or 60mm springs like the Motion Control Suspensions. We are testing a new bearing for use in the ultra-low profile spring perches that are compatible with the OEM diameter springs and those should be available later this year, possibly late-spring or early-summer.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Awesome. Glad to see this is official. These guys are gonna bring a ton of tech and actual track-tested data to the forum.
I think they are having a big open house at their shop in Texas today, so they might be a little busy to respond here right now.

Welcome!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
This is going to be akward after we ban Jason. ;D ;)

ArizonaBOSS said:
Awesome. Glad to see this is official. These guys are gonna bring a ton of tech and actual track-tested data to the forum.
I think they are having a big open house at their shop in Texas today, so they might be a little busy to respond here right now.

Welcome!

+1 Very glad and most welcome!

Very interested in the camber plates for my GT350. Might be a stupid question but will the plates affect that ride height in either direction? Obviously I don't want to increase the ride height.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Welcome guys. I know i haven't purchased anything from you guys YET. However i have used your tech in solving and researching what works and what to look for.

Fair

Go Big or Go Home
Supporting Vendor
Plano, TX
AMPowerJ said:
Very interested in the camber plates for my GT350. Might be a stupid question but will the plates affect that ride height in either direction? Obviously I don't want to increase the ride height.
Good question... let's explain.

JPGe36%20exploded%20view-M.jpg

We always make sure that our camber plates do not raise or lower the ride height of a car (aka: top mount stack-up height) when we design them for use with OEM springs.

B61G0641-M.jpg

This can be difficult because we include a new spring perch with all of our camber plates which has an integral, sealed, radial bearing to isolate steering loads - not the thin "flat bearings" used by our competitors. We compensate for this in various ways but we always keep the stack-up height within .000" to .050" of the OEM top mount + spring perch assembly.

DSC_2579-M.jpg

We have a tester lined up for the S550 Mustang camber plate + OEM perch and hope to be cutting some prototype parts next week on our in-house CNC machines...

B61G7283-M.jpg

More soon,

Terry Fair @ Vorshlag

Fair said:
Good question... let's explain.

JPGe36%20exploded%20view-M.jpg

We always make sure that our camber plates do not raise or lower the ride height of a car (aka: top mount stack-up height) when we design them for use with OEM springs.

B61G0641-M.jpg

This can be difficult because we include a new spring perch with all of our camber plates which has an integral, sealed, radial bearing to isolate steering loads - not the thin "flat bearings" used by our competitors. We compensate for this in various ways but we always keep the stack-up height within .000" to .050" of the OEM top mount + spring perch assembly.

DSC_2579-M.jpg

We have a tester lined up for the S550 Mustang camber plate + OEM perch and hope to be cutting some prototype parts next week on our in-house CNC machines...

B61G7283-M.jpg

More soon,

Terry Fair @ Vorshlag

Terry I can't wait until you guys have these ready for the S550/GT350! You guys make the best camber plates period. I'm in line waiting and ready to order.

The regular camber plate for the S550 is available NOW. But it has to be paired with aftermarket suspension using a 60mm, 2.25" or 2.5" spring.

What I'm working on now are the new parts necessary to accommodate the stock diameter springs without changing the ride height.

modernbeat said:
I assume you are referring to the OEM Spring compatible parts. I'll be making a short run of parts for two of our testers next week. If those go well, I'll make more within a month.

Could I put in a order now please. I'm begging you lol.

8250RPM said:
Could I put in a order now please. I'm begging you lol.

No. :eek:

I know you said that in jest, but I want to get this out there for everyone else.

First, we don't take payment for anything that has not been developed yet. We've seen some other shops do that and we think it's a bad practice.

For products that we can't gauge their popularity easily, we might take a list of interested people.

But for products like the S550 Camber Plate with an OEM compatible perch we have a pretty good idea of production quantities needed (a regular sized production run). And for those types of products it's just too hard for our small shop to take on the extra work of amassing a list of interested people and alerting them when the parts are available. It's possible to have them do it all online, but then we end up with customers that want (and deserve) constant updates about when they will receive the parts they pre-ordered.

Sounds harsh? Well, it might be. But we field hundreds of emails, Facebook and Instagram messages and phone calls about upcoming products every week. Enough that they actually cut into our development and production time a significant amount. And we don't have any low-paid non-essential people at the shop, so all those emails and calls are answered by someone with experience, who is integral in the overall development process of the parts. We also want to be able to guarantee that the parts work correctly and fit right. We can't do that until they are on a car and in competition. And it hasn't happened often, but we have had to revise some things after testing, which takes more time.

Rest assured that we will announce the development steps of the parts as they happen. This is one reason we ARE here on this forum. To share our development and show you what goes into our parts so you understand their construction and have confidence in their performance. We will post pictures of the parts, weights, adjustment range, and more. We have a couple testers lined up. One local and one remote guy that has tested dozens of parts for us in the past.

Now, if you want us to make a part we haven't considered yet, let me know. ;D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Vorshlag is making headway on their prototype units for S550 camber plates that will work with the OEM springs:

10404076_10208806137821346_2980403774084170337_n.jpg

970394_10208806137621341_7503820667462115012_n.jpg

6796_10208806137901348_3800120902057750350_n.jpg

I'm sure some of you are already salivating...

@50Deep @fuhrius @VoodooBOSS @modernbeat

TMO Supporting Vendors