The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Race steering wheel questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For the Ford racing wheel, or any for that matter, can you not have a quick release? Also, does it make the wheel closer to you. I would actually like the wheel a bit further from me. I have long arms. Monkey DNA! LOL

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
You can bolt the wheel directly to the hub adapter and save about 1". The race wheel with quick release is no closer than stock wheel. Also when you install race wheel you have to remove the clock spring which connects the airbag and advance track wheel position sensor so that airbag and traction control warning lamp will be on full time. Also need a horn button and will have to manually cancel turn signals for the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a '13+ I think won't be able to clear the warnings off the LCD screen, because you'll lose your steering buttons. Unless you wire the buttons elsewhere somehow. Haven't seen anyone do that, yet.

I have an 11. Also, does installing the wheel get rid of the steering lock? If not, how do you remove it? Do you have to dremel some tab off or something? All pictures and info will be added to my uild thread as soon as I can start installing everything that is sitting in my garage, and it's a lot of stuff.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
What are you guys doi g with the steering wheel buttons?

I have a momo short hub, works bell quick release, and a Nardi/Personal 350mm wheel on the way.

Id like to relocate the steering wheel controls under the dash to be able to reset the info screen when required.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
13-14's the clock spring can be relocated behind the dash and all wiring can be retained such as the CC and the buttons to use the LCD.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel