The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Raptor Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
VoodooBOSS said:
Buy a used 6.2. BTW they have low towing capacity.
The 6.2 V8 gets super lousy mileage. I'd rather have the EC 3.5 V6 (did I just say that out loud?)
I need something with a back seat but I absolutely HATE the new body style and I'm not down with long trucks as I use mine for work and I need to buzz around traffic and in and out of plants and other tight places.
Ideally I'd have a crew cab for towing, and small shop truck and a GT350 for pleasure plus the 06 for track days.
However, that's quite an expense just to give people rides to the race track....Guess I'll just keep my Tremor for now.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Fabman said:
I talked to my ford guy last night and he said they are super limited production, each dealer only gets a few of them, most are already pre ordered with deposit and if I could manage to find one that isn't spoken for expect to pay $100,000.00 or more. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your Ford guy sounds like a typical dealership employee that knows nothing :(

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
ArizonaBOSS said:
Your Ford guy sounds like a typical dealership employee that knows nothing :(
he's the sales manager at a local Bay Area dealership. I bought my tremor from him.
He said they are tacking $20,000.00 dealer markup onto them.

Fabman said:
he's the sales manager at a local Bay Area dealership. I bought my tremor from him.
He said they are tacking $20,000.00 dealer markup onto them.

Yeah, I've heard that as well...ridiculous.

Sidebar: which dealership do you go to in the Bay? I haven't found one I like but I'm about to buy a new to me truck so knowing someone who knows someone can't hurt. Name dropping and all.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
mprichar87 said:
Yeah, I've heard that as well...ridiculous.

Sidebar: which dealership do you go to in the Bay? I haven't found one I like but I'm about to buy a new to me truck so knowing someone who knows someone can't hurt. Name dropping and all.
I bought my F150 and Mustang from Tracy Ford, but both of those guys are gone now.
So, I bought my Tremor from Livermore Ford but the guy I know there moved to San Leandro Ford.
Seems like these guys don't always stay put.
Anyway His name is "Tee" and he's the Director of Internet sales at San Leandro Ford now.
I'm looking over the texts from this conversation now:

"Every dealer gets between 5 and 15 of them and most are pre ordered with deposits.
An order today has a wait time of 6-8 months. Ford allocated us a certain amount and specs.
Every dealer is different. Expect to pay at least 100K if not more".

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Ours has towed great, though we've only pushed it to around 7k lbs. it's been the coolest vehicle purchase either my wife or I have made. Such a fun truck. It's not at all the trucks first designated attribute, but it's been capable. Was getting ~11mpg over a 200 mile segment towing the racecar

At some point we will up the tow capabilities with airbags and a load balancing rig should it need to regularly pull a trailer/car. However otherwise it's been a fun daily and toy vehicle. My wife loves it. 6.2L s'crew

49a7c05e5794e1ea733f6b292a8e061a.jpg

5f0e8b3504f63143c552fdf25c80a371.jpg8d135407aef9ef6712b8f662f680fc5c.jpg

e05ed819c1afb2a4fa289b41c71ae131.jpgf4d3fc21eeeeee00af1690d3667c1640.jpgb698501f689791ec0d35594c4faae3ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
captdistraction said:
Ours has towed great, though we've only pushed it to around 7k lbs. it's been the coolest vehicle purchase either my wife or I have made. Such a fun truck. It's not at all the trucks first designated attribute, but it's been capable. Was getting ~11mpg over a 200 mile segment towing the racecar

At some point we will up the tow capabilities with airbags and a load balancing rig should it need to regularly pull a trailer/car. However otherwise it's been a fun daily and toy vehicle. My wife loves it. 6.2L s'crew

49a7c05e5794e1ea733f6b292a8e061a.jpg
Re: Raptor Photo Thread

5f0e8b3504f63143c552fdf25c80a371.jpg
Re: Raptor Photo Thread8d135407aef9ef6712b8f662f680fc5c.jpg

e05ed819c1afb2a4fa289b41c71ae131.jpg
Re: Raptor Photo Threadf4d3fc21eeeeee00af1690d3667c1640.jpg
Re: Raptor Photo Threadb698501f689791ec0d35594c4faae3ae.jpg

I LOVE IT! It's my color too :)
You can tow without air bags or load bars? That's better than my Tremor, I have both and it does a pretty good job towing a 10,000 pound trailer with a short wheelbase and only a 8300 pound towing capacity.
Without the bags and bars it was a very dicey deal, indeed.
What is the towing capacity of your Raptor? How heavy is your trailer? This is very interesting news.
Your mileage is even better than the tremor.....although my towing habits are likely to be much of the problem there....

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
We've borrowed a couple trailers, both were in the 3k lb range after doing some internet research (add about 500lbs of supplies/tires/etc). The biggest piece to it was getting the tongue weight and height right, and it pulled like a dream for a 1/2 ton gas truck.

Ours is the 9300lb capacity version, the weak spot is the rear suspension firmness and travel, though I didn't have any issues whatsoever, pulling 70-80mph around Arizona's highways and roads. A trip up the grapevine in California would be a real test, but like any other recent F150 with towing package it does have electronic brakes, towing modes, anti-sway control (and logs the trailer miles). Would a diesel 3/4 be a better option? Sure, but between my (hopeful/possible) need for a hauler and more importantly my wife's need for something fun to drive (she's super passionate about this thing) the Raptor is awesome. Its fun for her like mustangs were for me.

Now, I do get sweaty palms trying to park this thing in tight parking lots, thankfully well equipped with cameras/guides.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
captdistraction said:
We've borrowed a couple trailers, both were in the 3k lb range after doing some internet research (add about 500lbs of supplies/tires/etc). The biggest piece to it was getting the tongue weight and height right, and it pulled like a dream for a 1/2 ton gas truck.

Ours is the 9300lb capacity version, the weak spot is the rear suspension firmness and travel, though I didn't have any issues whatsoever, pulling 70-80mph around Arizona's highways and roads. A trip up the grapevine in California would be a real test, but like any other recent F150 with towing package it does have electronic brakes, towing modes, anti-sway control (and logs the trailer miles). Would a diesel 3/4 be a better option? Sure, but between my (hopeful/possible) need for a hauler and more importantly my wife's need for something fun to drive (she's super passionate about this thing) the Raptor is awesome. Its fun for her like mustangs were for me.

Now, I do get sweaty palms trying to park this thing in tight parking lots, thankfully well equipped with cameras/guides.
Yeah, I was looking at the super cab I think it's called. Just some jump seats in the back for special occasions. I couldn't deal with a full 4 door. My buddy has an FX4 4 door that's outfitted exactly like my tremor and even with the 5 1/2' bed its an ocean liner compared to my Tremor with the short cab and 6 1/2' bed. Screw it, if anybody wants to tag along they can find their own ride.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Gotcha. Ours is the super crew. The one thing to note about supercab raptors is they have a significantly lower towing capacity (again a function of wheelbase versus suspension travel/setup). Though I've seen plenty of pictures of those trucks pulling decent loads on trailers on the Fb groups and forums.

We like the 4 door as it's just massive in space, but I can totally see the appeal in having a bit more compact setup

2 weeks and close to 2k miles on mine and I'm really digging this truck. We did 1,300 miles chasing the eclipse in central oregon...8-10 hours each way cruising at 80-85mph and it's one of the comfiest vehicles I've ever driven in the freeway. Beyond the obvious benefits of visibility and the feeling of security that comes with being in such a beast, the thing is quiet as all get out and a very nice place to be...the seats are very nice and the cooling option is great. I have the tech package on mine which gives you adaptive cruise and lane-keeping...both of which work better than in previous fords I've had. An absolute treat on the highway...averaged ~18mpg on the highway. Then, as we approached the more crowded bits of roads leading to the zone of totality, we set Waze to allow for dirt road options and ended up doing 50+ of those miles in the dirt...mostly forest service roads. WOW. We were blasting down decent dirt roads at 60+mph and the truck was just laughing. So were we. Very, very impressed with this thing.
QyEFXnR.jpg
JIfBBSb.jpg

wQ5XnsM.jpg

a few pics after swapping the stock wheels for some Method Roost wheels...same size as stock to preserve the excellent stock tires but with 34mm add'l offset. pokes a little bit but baja truck. lol.
IMG_7894.jpgIMG_7902.jpgIMG_7891.jpgIMG_7893.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7897.jpg
    IMG_7897.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_7899.jpg
    IMG_7899.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 150

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel