The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Really enjoying these pop up ads since TMO got sold :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Right now I'm seeing a Cosentyx video (featuring the She's So Unusual girl Cyndi Lauper) at the very top. And there doesn't seem to be any way to pause the video, let alone delete it.

There's also a static ad for Independent Senior Living in Virginia directly under the first post (seems the advertising has found out where we went this week).

Those are appearing on any given thread page, and each takes up fully half of the display height on a 17" screen. The amount of screen space these ads are stealing bothers me more than the fact that they always pop up.

This is on my laptop. I don't think my phone is smart enough to know what the internet is, and I know I'm not smart enough to know anything about Tapatalk.

Norm

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Hey @Daegoba are you talking about the one that sticks to the bottom of the browser window? That one should only be displayed to non-logged in members. I’ll check to see why it’s not. Give me a chance to iron out the kinks.

All those who have over 500 posts (TMO Addicts) as well as Moderators should now see no ads besides the sponsor banners/ supporting vendors. Those who have less posts should see a similar amount of ads as before but in different locations. Those who are not logged in will see more ads than before.

Not really anything to say here - just trying to get my post count up so I can see less ads :)

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Right now I'm seeing a Cosentyx video (featuring the She's So Unusual girl Cyndi Lauper) at the very top. And there doesn't seem to be any way to pause the video, let alone delete it.

There's also a static ad for Independent Senior Living in Virginia directly under the first post (seems the advertising has found out where we went this week).

Those are appearing on any given thread page, and each takes up fully half of the display height on a 17" screen. The amount of screen space these ads are stealing bothers me more than the fact that they always pop up.

This is on my laptop. I don't think my phone is smart enough to know what the internet is, and I know I'm not smart enough to know anything about Tapatalk.

Norm
I’ll check on the ad sizes. Might take some time for them to normalize and display the correct sizes.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA

Norm
26 more posts and you won’t have to deal with them anymore. :)

Wolvee

Full Time Nerd
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Historic Triangle
:( I've got a long way to go since I read more than I post, lol. Maybe one day I'll even finish all these projects I've gotten from here and get to drive my car. :)

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
:( I've got a long way to go since I read more than I post, lol. Maybe one day I'll even finish all these projects I've gotten from here and get to drive my car. :)
Some people just don't post all that much. We hope to promote more interaction among the members - try to get them to post articles, helpful replies to tech questions, but also just to encourage them to interact with others more regularly to build relationships.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Does the Independent Senior Living in Virginia come with a package deal for VIR?
Now that we're back home, the Independent Senior Living (courtesy of Yahoo Search?????) has relocated its pitched location to Haddonfield NJ. Still almost half a screen high. No mention of a NJMP package, either :( .

The top ad isn't very big. On this page.

Norm

TMO Supporting Vendors