The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rocker Cover Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie here, Ive just got myself a set of 06mach1's jacking plates and I'm trying to get the rocker covers off my '13 Boss. Ive removed the 8 "Xmas tree" fasteners and the front 2 pins but I'm having a time getting the cover off. Researching this, there are 8 "hidden fasteners" and all that is apparently needed is to pop these fasteners. Anyone have experience removing the covers ? Or do I have to put some man strength in and give the covers a tug ?

Welcome to TMO. It's been a long time since I removed those but I believe you need to remove the piece on the back that goes up into the wheel well and possible the front one too.

You don’t need to remove the panel to install those plates, remove the pins on either side of the jacking plate location and use a couple large sockets to wedge rocker panel and give some room to work

You don’t need to remove the panel to install those plates, remove the pins on either side of the jacking plate location and use a couple large sockets to wedge rocker panel and give some room to work
Understood, wanted to get under and clean everything up, the bottom of the covers were in rough shape....

Was able to remove them without much difficulty; just used my plastic trim tools and a bit of patience

Understood, wanted to get under and clean everything up, the bottom of the covers were in rough shape....

Was able to remove them without much difficulty; just used my plastic trim tools and a bit of patience
Hmm. I’ve only noticed the fasteners underneath and in the wheel wells... are they glued/taped on?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Langley, BC
Just took mine off recently to do vinyl wrapping. You just gotta get a strong grip on them and pull out + down towards you after you take the long Christmas tree fasteners off from bottom . You will end up breaking some clips, so be ready to order some new ones. Ford doesn't sell these as a separate PN so you will need to find some replacement ones. W710528-S300 work but need trimming. Amazon might have some generic replacement ones

TMO Supporting Vendors