The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350 Intake Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Car is running great, no dyno yet. We will be running both 21 cars at Watkins Glen this weekend so comparative speed data and acceleration performance will give some indications on how well the S550 car performs vs the heavily modded S197 car. Black Boss is bringing his scales so I can get some weight data and maybe tweak the balance on the coil over equipped S197. Cars will both be running the same tires, and the same brake pad combinations. Other than than the S550 is on stock springs, dampers and sway bars.
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
No Dyno results but some speed data from WG and Road America. At the Glen the new car ran 142 on the back stretch to the bus stop. Old car 147. The new car did not have the R wing on it at that event. Lap times were inside 1 second of each other with old car quicker at 2:14.2. At Road America with the R wing in place the new car topped out at 144 mph, lap time of 2:34.07. Last year in the old car, top speed there was 151 mph but best lap was a 2:35.79. Downforce from the wing really helped and so did the fresh R7s. Last year ran on Pirelli DH slicks. My thought is the new car is putting down about 420 to the tires vs the 443 of the old car. Big difference being the ARH headers. This is also based on Dyno results that JDM engineering got when Dyno tuning a car with the exact combo and processor strategy as mine. I'm basically running a clone tune from that session. The header issue will be resolved over the next few weeks as I have a set of ARH long tubes ready to install. Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, that doesnt sound good..sorry to hear. Out of curiosity did you go with the 10spd auto or stick with the manual? I only ask because im curious as to how those transmissions are going to hold up with track use.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Performance Package 2 comes 6 speed manual only. A source with ties very close to the transmission manufacturer has told me the new 10 speed is very reliable and performs very well. Don’t be afraid to buy it for track use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors