The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thank You Blowfish Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning at VIR my car went into limp mode with no stored codes. The Ford Performance / Stinger Motorsports personnel onsite ran a trackside diagnostic and did not find a cause.

Based on Berol's recent experience and a couple of I codes I cleared a few weeks ago, I suspected the throttle body.

So what do you do when you need a throttle body on a Sunday at the track? Well, to my good fortune, Steve / Blowfish Racing lent me the throttle body off his personal car for the day. It fixed the problem and I finished the rest of my sessions without incident.

This is the second time in two years Blowfish has lent me parts at the track to finish a weekend, without asking for anything in return.

Thank you Blowfish Racing. People / vendors like you are one of the big reasons I enjoy going to the track so much.

That's awesome!

Glad you got it sorted out, and Kudos to BFR.

And at least my experience was of some help. This board really helped me along the way and I'm glad I could at least contribute back in a small way once I sorted out my issue.

Never want to see anybody have problems, but at least I know I wasn't crazy either :eek: The limp mode with no codes stored was very frustrating.

Needless to say, I carry a spare TB now...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel