The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The M1 Abrams of wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A couple of pics of a CCW wheel that had a significant impact. Even though the wheel was stuffed full of carbon fiber, it never lost air. I had run it up on the Hoosier tire balancer and it was still round (the video wouldn't upload, but it's on the FB page)
Inspected it closely, deburred it, and tossed some BBQ black at it.
Most likely this will become a "rain wheel" that won't see much service and with a lighter load.
FWIW we were also using APEX wheels with good result, we just haven't had a big hit with them yet.

9nE0dPAl.jpg

Deburred
Wssf4GRl.jpg

painted
qR8YMVKl.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Thanks for posting this. Always good to know.

@antman450 had a tire blowout and I think the Apex 18x10 took it pretty well. The barrel cracked but I think it would could have been way worse. Maybe he can post pics of the crack.

Thanks for posting this. Always good to know.

@antman450 had a tire blowout and I think the Apex 18x10 took it pretty well. The barrel cracked but I think it would could have been way worse. Maybe he can post pics of the crack.

It handled it amazingly. I was doing 115 when the tire exploded in massive fashion. Check out the pics.
dfda7276946c521e91d5c576a1e1911d.jpg547641f9a4459462d37e9da38a52781d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Good to know Apex wheels can take that and not completely disintegrate. Glad you're ok.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel