The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The New Ford GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTaco said:
When are the horsepower numbers going to be official?
Soon? ::)

Headed to the Rolex 24 @ Daytona this weekend to see these run and am super stoked to see them in person! 1st timer there and didn't do my homework to allow myself enough time to catch the BMW challenge on Friday. Would also love to see the 350R/C running in that race. Next year.......

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
VoodooBOSS said:
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-ford-gt-makes-647-hp-550-lb-ft-goes-216-mph/

I just saw that news feed

2017 Ford GT confirmed with 647 hp, 216 mph top speed

True Super Car performance, American Detroit Muscle style! Makes me proud to be a Ford Owner, and Customer.
2HP

Bunkie726 said:
Headed to the Rolex 24 @ Daytona this weekend to see these run and am super stoked to see them in person! 1st timer there and didn't do my homework to allow myself enough time to catch the BMW challenge on Friday. Would also love to see the 350R/C running in that race. Next year.......

I believe Multimatic is running the new GT4 on Friday.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I'm a little disappointed at the weight of the car. It's 3050lbs dry I believe which means wet probably somewhere around 3300lbs. I was hoping the car would come in around 3000lbs wet not dry. Oh well, we shall see how it stacks up against comparable cars.

So I was there today to watch the #66 GT take the GTLM win at the Rolex 24. It was absolutely incredible being there! While I'm usually a drag racing fan, I have to tell you this event is now a must do for me. I'm completely blown away. it was AMAZING! Having the 4 classes all on track at the same time was so exciting. To see the Prototype guys coming through the Trioval at Daytona at about 210 and making a 180 left to the infield grid was mind numbing. The GTLM guys weren't much slower either. The drivers are just top notch. Hats off to the Ganassi/FP racing teams! Well done!. The GT sound was unique. They sounded more like an aircraft engine that the typical motorsports engine and their blips sounded more like a pop than anything else. Bad fast though! Truth be told I was in love with the song from those Cadillac prototypes. Wicked fast.......Government motors or not, that's what power sounds like to me

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Billy Johnson, Multimatic, and Ford Performance were down at one of my "local" tracks (INDE Motorsports Ranch) recently to do some testing.

Billy posted this photo online and a buddy of mine was there doing shakedown on his car (Z/28 road racer) and got some photos too:

RAp16s5.png

eBvWelR.png

pImE91g.png

cpvszbv.png

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
New Ford GT Competition model article in AutoBlog:

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/23/ford-gt-competition-series-light-weight/

This must be amazing to drive.
2HP

TMO Supporting Vendors