The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobility is going to cost you one way or the other.............nobody rides for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........the old saying..."Ass, Grass or Gas" still rings true...................................only now throw in a little electric to the mix....................

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Our local drag strip is having its first “Juiced Drags”. A class of racing for electric vehicles only. Should be interesting.
Folks should be able to run for most of the day and still drive home.
I expect the carbon burners will be surprised by the numbers laid down. Lol

Last edited:
I'd like to add the sound of a Ferrari 458 to our Tesla. :D

Edit: this thread is about all electric vehicles so please post any interesting info you find on them and comment on the posts.

So yesterday afternoon I'm cruising around town in my Boss and pull up behind a new Volt. And what pulls up behind me? A new Tesla. So there I am surrounded by electric cars. It looked just like this one.

alpha-model-s-driving_960x640_j.jpg
This thread started on 8/12/13 with this post, so over six years ago. It's interesting to see how people's perceptions of EV's has evolved over tyme.

Some of us are still in the dark with regards to EV's( me especially!!)...since a lot of us have had no experience with them.I still don't know of any charging stations near me, but to honest, I never looked.I'm sure this will all come into focus down the road, in more ways than one....;)

No they charge and it costs more at a Tesla supercharger than at home. On average my wife filled up 5 times a month in her Ford Fusion. Average of about $50 a tank here in CA. We spend about $50 in electricity charging at home. So about 1/5th the fuel costs driving the same miles and route. She put 18,000 miles on it the first year. While we had a few production issues with the car up front there had been zero maintenance during that time. I changed the oil every 5,000 mile so three oil changes we didn't have to pay for. Plus the time not going to a gas station and visiting the dealer. Oh and no brake dust.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
This thread started on 8/12/13 with this post, so over six years ago. It's interesting to see how people's perceptions of EV's has evolved over tyme.

Rick

How DARE you accuse me of evolving!!! Can't happen Won't happen

:D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel