The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Leadership Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I have transferred ownership of TrackMustangsOnline to Chris @Ludachris and he is now the new owner of TMO. Chris will introduce himself below in more detail.

As many of you know I haven’t owned a Mustang in almost two years. I’m still very interested in all things Mustang and potentially buying a new Mustang GT500 in the future (maybe in the second year of production). Since I retired from my career as an investment analyst about 18 months ago I’ve been spending more time on some of my other hobbies including restoring an old Husqvarna MX race bike. I thought when I retired I’d spend more time on TMO but the opposite has happened and I’ve been spending less time with the forum.

TMO has been my third child, at least that’s what my wife and kids say, and it was very important to me that if I ever sold it that it went into the hands of a like-minded enthusiast that had a genuine passion for Mustang. I’ve been approached a few times from larger Car Forum Ownership Groups to buy TMO but I never seriously pursued any of them because I felt that TMO would get neglected like so many other forums that were sold. I had another serious interest a few months ago from a smaller ownership group and that got me thinking more about selling. Chris joined TMO last summer because he owns a 2016 Mustang GT and liked the No BS vibe of our forum compared to some of the other larger Mustang forums. Sound familiar? Chris developed his own car forum years ago, https://www.dsmtuners.com/ , which is much larger than TMO. As it turns out Chris lives very close to me and we have met a few times to discuss forum stuff like software issues and the direction and future of forums. We have a similar approach of how to run a car forum and he has a lot more experience running/owning a forum and much greater technical expertise than me.

So why sell now? Besides my interests being spread wider over the past 18 months, the forum needs a new software update to stay current with security needs and to address some backend database concerns. Forum hosting and database management is in a constant state of change and the software needs to keep up with it. This is not in my realm of expertise. Chris is looking to update the software on DSMTuners and that led me to ask him if he was interested in buying TMO. He gave me a very enthusiastic yes!

There will be some changes that members will see but those changes would have happened whether it is Chris or me running TMO. These changes will also enhance your user experience. I know a lot of us don’t like change but we all survived when we upgraded to Zenforo and the new changes won’t be nearly that noticeable to you as users. Chris will keep all of us updated as he prepares to update the software but I suspect it will be a few months until that happens.

The transition is already underway and I will stay on as a moderator so you will still see me posting on TMO. I’m sure it will take some time for me not to check the forum every 15 minutes like I’ve been doing over the past 9 years!

I want to take this opportunity to thank @ArizonaBOSS @Grant 302 @steveespo and all of the other moderators we’ve had over the years for their help and support. I also want to thank @mattlqx for all of his technical support and hosting services over the past three years and he’s been a huge help for me on the technical side.

I also want to thank all of the TMO vendors for their support and for providing excellent technical advice and customer service to TMO members.

And a big thank you to you, our TMO members. It’s the members that have made TMO the best Mustang forum on the Internet. I’ve had the great pleasure of meeting many of you over the years and have cultivated many friendships during that time. You’ll still run into me at the NorCal race tracks and other Ford and car events around the country. Just because I’m selling TMO doesn’t change my passion for Mustang/Ford Products and all cars in general.

Please join me in welcoming Chris to TMO. See you at the track,

Rick

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Rick, Thanks for starting this great page, providing all of us a platform to share and learn how to get our cars on track and to also work on track. It has been a privilege sharing my knowledge and experiences with the group and I have made many good long term friends because of this page. I welcome Chris and will continue my role as one of the Mods for as long as he wishes.
Steve

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Rick, sorry to see you go. You and your team have created what is easily the best Mustang resource on the planet. I don't think I'm exaggerating by saying that either. Glad you'll be sticking around, but it sounds like you had everyone's best interests in mind by moving on so I applaud that.

Chris, welcome to the team. Looking forward to many more years of the best online Mustang resource in the world!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
First of all, hats off to Rick for all the work he's put into this place. We all know that we have several places to hang out online and talk Mustangs, racing, etc. But it's obvious that this community has a great feel to it, with some valuable tech discussions/info, and I'm looking forward to keeping the spirit of this place going as strong as possible. I'll keep bugging Rick to stay involved on the site, so don't think he's just going to disappear.

A little about me...

I'll have to say this up front, this is my first Mustang. It's a '16 GT PP, and I have yet to have it out on track (I know, I know.... go easy on me). My last track car was a 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (turbo 4 AWD). It was 2800 lbs and put down roughly 400whp. It was a pretty fun track car and it surprised a lot of people. I took it out to Thunderhill and Buttonwillow here in NorCal, but most of my track time in that car was spent out at Pueblo and La Junta in Colorado, as well as Miller Motorsports Park in Utah and also Hastings in Nebraska.

I launched a forum for those cars back in 2001 called https://www.dsmtuners.com - the site still has a great group of members participating, though drag racing tends to be quite a bit more popular in that community. Not very many road racers. Like Rick mentioned about TMO, the DSMtuners website has been like my child as well. I still operate the site and work hard to keep it going in the right direction, even though the community keeps shrinking - the last DSM rolled off the assembly line in 1999, and more cars get parted out and crushed every year.

My wife and I spent some time out in Denver before moving back to Northern CA. I did some instructing for NASA Rocky Mountain while I was out there, back when Dave and Revkah Balingit got that region up in running in 2005. I think they were desperate for help and were letting anyone instruct LOL! I actually still host the NASA RM forum for the new regional director, though that forum is not very active anymore.

After our two daughters were born out in Denver we moved back and now live near Sacramento. The girls love whenever I get a chance to pick them up from school in the GT. And they hate when we take it places and we have to park far away to avoid door dings. :D I'm looking forward to getting the GT out to the track here at some point, likely this coming spring or summer. The last time I was out on track was for a Lemons race with friends in a Gen 2 RX7 at Buttonwillow. I'm used to AWD so moving to a RWD V8 is going to be interesting. :)

I enjoy working on communities. I've been doing it for about 20 years now, mostly in the automotive world. I hope to keep doing it for quite a while, though FB seems to be killing a lot of what I've grown to love about online automotive communities in recent years. So many people seem are spending their time in FB groups, and that's a huge concern since quality information is being archived in less quantity each year on forums like this - instead it's being poured into the FB abyss never to be seen again. Hopefully we can prevent that trend from taking over in this corner of the community.

In any event, I look forward to interacting with all of you and I hope not to piss too many people off when it comes time to upgrade the forum software (I'll do my best to make it as painless as possible). Feel free to send me a PM with any thoughts, advice, requests, suggestions, etc. I'm actually heading out of town this weekend with the wife, so if I don't respond right away it's because I'm trying not to get the death stare for being on my phone while we're on our mini vacation.

IMG_2979.JPG

Apex3V

Heel-n-Toe Enthusiast
Rick, you’ve created easily the best mustang forum to exist so take a pat on the back, had it not been for this forum my experience with the road racing community would likely be very different and misguided had this community not been here to show me the way. You’ve gathered some of the most genuine people together to create a true no-bs straight facts environment that I’ve yet to see anywhere else. I hope to still see you around the forum though I think I won’t have to look hard to find you.

Now for our new fearless leader I’ll give a big TMO welcome and trust that we will be getting along fine if he’s anything like the rest of us ;). I wish both of you the best of luck and believe that this forum will succeed still and provide the space we all want.

Rick,

Thank you for curating a tremendous community. One of the best forums/communities I have been involved with period car forum or otherwise. When my GT500 finally gets delivered I’ll get you a ride and you’ll be back in the fold in no time.

Chris, thank you for your dedication and I look forward to more great community here!

Without going to much around..
The reason why I have a mustang is because this group.
The reason why I keep writing and asking things is because I TRUST this group.
Rick you were the worthy and incredible captain of these amazing people.
I'm sorry to see you going. I know though you will be around..maybe every 30mins :)
Chris
Congratulations on this new rule and I'm looking forward to meet you in person in some of our NorCal track!
(I'm in Walnut Creek)
Regards
Alessandro

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Rick,

Thank you for everything you've done for the TMO community. I'm a relative newbie to the group but have been impressed with the knowledge and comradery exhibited on the site.

The members and moderators tend to bend over backwards to share their knowledge. The great tone of this forum contrasts with that found in other forums and this is directly attributable to the leadership and the example they have set.

Good luck in your future endeavors and I'm glad you'll still be involved with TMO.

Chris - Welcome aboard and thanks for grabbing the torch and keeping the flame burning!

Chris

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Rick,
It been a pleasure meeting you in Vegas and in Hastings and I can't thank you enough for all the tyme and effort you put into the best track forum going. This site, along with many of the members I've had the pleasure to meet along the way, have kept my spirit and interest in road racing high. I do hope to continue to see you around on TMO in the future and perhaps one day at a track in your neck of the woods.

Chris,
Perhaps you were one of my instructors at one of the many NASA Rocky Mountain events but I apologize if I don't remember. These were my early days and I think my mind was more on getting around the pavement in one piece! Congrats on your ownership of this great forum and best of luck going forward.

Kirk

TMO Supporting Vendors